Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul_in_mn

Hosta Alphabet E - Winter 2012

paul_in_mn
12 years ago

Easy peasy lemon squeezy - If you haven't posted pics before - check link below on how to get started.

Please add pics of your hostas that begin with the letter 'E'

Eclipse, a sport of Solar Flare - 1st year, tc, will get big with wavy edges and long pointed leaves

Eskimo Pie, a sport of Northern Exposure - 2nd year, grew ok in bright shade

Earth Angel, a sport of Blue Angel - planted in '08, Hosta of the Year in '09

Paul

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Post A Picture (Photo)

Comments (14)

• evermore_gw z 4/5 NB
    12 years ago

One of my favorites, El Nino:

the other Steve

• User
    12 years ago

Okay, who has EMPRESS WU? Come on, out with it!!!
    I have Eskimo Pie, but it is not showing up yet this year.

• tepelus
    12 years ago

The E's I have pictures of:

El Nino

Elvis Lives

Emerald Necklace

Emerald Ruff Cut

Karen

• Steve Massachusetts
    12 years ago

Great photos, Karen. I love your Elvis Lives. I bought one last year, but didn't take a picture of it.

Moccasin, I have an Empress but it's only in it's first year. Here she is. A bit too much liquid fence on it.

It grew well for a first year plant. Here's what a big one looks like.
    Adams Garden

Sisson Garden

And here is the Empress trying to eat Guilt by Association in the Goodenough garden.

Steve

• mctavish6
    12 years ago

I have several Erromena's in the ground so I am comfortable leaving this one in a pot over the winter and not worrying about it. So far so good.

I can't seem to get my Sea Fire to grow but this sport is really amazing. It's so bright in the spring.

Here is Eye Declare in August. I've noticed that although it wants to go green, if it gets some direct sun it gets lighter instead of darker - sort of like On Stage.

Eskimo Pie, frustrating but pretty. This is 5 years old. At year three I divided it. The other part is in a pot in sun. The one in the sun grows but the leaves are small. This one seems frozen in time with maybe 3 or 4 large leaves each year.

• hostamanphil
    12 years ago

Exultation

Phil

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    12 years ago

Earth Angel

El Nino, a bonus plant and fast becoming a favorite.

• bkay2000
    12 years ago

Great photos, guys. I'm really enjoying them. I find most of my photos are of problems, not the lovely plants, so I don't have many to post. I'll do better this year.

bkay

• sshoop1zone4a
    12 years ago

This is my first year contributing to the forum after lurking for awhile. I really enjoy seeing everybodys pictures every year. Here are some of my E's.
    Hosta El Capitan with one eye looking more mature that the others.

Hosta Eskimo Pie. Last year was the second year in my garden and it appears happy so far but only time will tell.

Hosta Emerald Ruff Cut last spring

Hosta Emerald Ruff cut in late summer, I was very impressed with the growth of this one last year.

Hosta Eleanor Lachman.

I am jealous of the nice pictures of El Nino as mine has been very slow to grow.
    Samantha

• franknjim
    12 years ago

My Wu. Growing like a weed despite Maple root competition. It also seeds freely. There are about 50 or so little OP seedlings circling it. I am going to use it for hybridizing this year.
    Put in late 2009.
    {{gwi:941010}}
    {{gwi:941011}}

1. Up to 2' tall by 4' wide.
      {{gwi:941013}}

El Capitan
    {{gwi:941015}}
    El Capitan Leaf
    {{gwi:941017}}

• jocl
    12 years ago

Emmett Armitage -

June 8, 2011 -first year

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    12 years ago

Elegans in third season:

Earth Angel in third season:

• franknjim
    12 years ago

Empress Wu x OP selfed seedlings. There's a lot of them. I will move them this year to let them grow for a few years to see if any of them are special enough to keep. There are a couple chartreuse ones.
    {{gwi:941019}}

• naal
    12 years ago

From April/May 2011

Earth Angel

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!