Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta Alphabet N - Winter 2012

Posted by paul_in_mn 4b (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 12 at 22:38

Nothing is certain but death and taxes....and perhaps the next latest-greatest-gotta-have hosta

Please add pics of your hostas that begin with the letter 'N'

Nancy, a sport of - 1st year, saw in a tour garden and loved the waves and substance

Nancy Gill , a hybrid of 'Sum and Substance' x pycnophylla x montana - 2nd year
Hosta 'Nancy Gill'

Northern Exposure, a sport of sieboldiana Elegans
Hosta 'Northern Exposure'

Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta Alphabet N - Winter 2012

My one and only:

Niagara Falls (youngin')

Niagara Falls

Karen

o

Only one for me. Neat and Tidy.
Neat and Tidy yr1, From Cochato on 8/10/11

Steve

o

Only one N to share. Put on a lot of growth last year.
Hosta Niagra Falls 2011
Samantha

o

Night Before Christmas
Photobucket

Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls 2011

the other Steve

o

Northern Halo 5-23-11 (63)

New in 2011. Can't wait to see it this summer.

NEC0E3~1

2nd year for this plant bought from a local nursery. I'd never heard of it before. It has a great texture and has been a fast grower.

Nightlife 6-19-11 (55)

In my search for "bright green" I heard of this one. I do like the color but it hasn't grown very much.

Norwalk Chartreuse 7-20-11 (170)

New Wave 5-28-07 (46)

Niagara Falls was a break out plant this year. It might have been the most photographed. I had to add this one with my strawberry eating little grandson. He has since grown some hair, thankfully kind of red.

5-30-11 J (14)

o

Cute baby, cute hosta....or aptly named hosta.

I guess my only one is the prolific NOID.
But I have a chance at discovering its name, since it has to come from my first order to Plant Delights Nursery. All I must do is go back and read the thread where I originally asked whut-wuz. This year, it is coming on strong in its pot.

I think it might be Brother Stefan, but it fooled me last year, so for the time being it is the infamous NOID.

DSCN1207

o

Yeah,I know this is only one leaf,but you get the idea? Northern Exposure,one of my every year favs. Phil

Photobucket

o

Merle -your Neptune has just made it to the top 5 of my "Wanted" posters, but never "dead or alive" when it comes to hostas. I'll be looking forward to seeing it this season.

Les

o

McTavish,

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say I like your hostas, but your grandbaby is the best looking thing in the one photo! :-)

Deanna

o

She must be gardening like a maniac with all the plants she brought home. Look forward to her big reveal.

o

Yes, Niagara Falls is such a beautiful plant. The pictures above show mature plants or close to it. I bought a puny one two years ago at a sale, and this year it is a large single eye with leaves like the above. It is important to get larger plants when buying to avoid waiting years for getting something which looks similar to what it should be.
Bernd

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here