Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hostas in NM

Posted by Jan.ON 5b/6 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 22:55

DH and I are on a month long road trip in New Mexico and Arizona. In a hotel in Hobbs NM there was a print on the wall of two hosta leaves! I bet those are the only hostas in the state. But OH MY the other vegetation here is just amazing us. There are yuccas and cacti everywhere. I can only imagine what all that desert looks like when in bloom. Even in February when all is brown it is quite wonderful.
Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hostas in NM

Hey, you guys should stop over and have an adult beverage at my place; You're practically in my neighborhood!

Have fun in the Southwest,
Don B.
Westminster, CO.

o

I have to say, the New Mexico desert outside of Santa Fe is the BEST place for looking at the heavens I've ever experienced; truly breathtaking! I finally realized exactly why our galaxy is called The Milky Way when I looked into that sky; so many stars they appear as milky clouds...Do check it out, if you enjoy that sort of thing.

Don

o

Thanks Don! Looking at the map we did wonder if we would swing up a bit to catch the corner of Colorado - we'll be really close after monument valley, and we're never been in CO. I'm suspicious there might be snow there though, especially after continuing storms 'everywhere' this week. We'll watch for stars in Santa Fe. Guess we'll give Kansas City a pass!
Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here