Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

PDN shipping to zone 8 wk of 3/17

User
10 years ago

[keyboard is out]

ordered 4 tonight, pdn showed 3-17 as a ship week for them.
h. get nekkid ...in honor my new outdoor shower...;)
h. hush puppie
h. sunny side up....only at pdn
h. surfer dude..the fragrant surfer

my first order to sebright for 5 hosta
dee's golden jewel
margie's angel
on the edge
sweet thing...sport of so sweet
wylde green cream...sport of vanilla cream

hosta pips popping everywhere
more pots up tipped today
not many remain asleep
[buy new keyboard tomorrow]

Comments (6)

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

note: "pdn" = plant delights nursery in north carolina
    Been in garden up tipping pots. Only a few are still dormant....most have eyes up, leaves trying to unfurl on a good number, and my back is already stiff from bending over....but it is a happy sight.

One loss so far...Little Jay...small pot, just disappeared with no trace. In the vicinity I found a mop like mass of small roots with no crown. Pretty hosta, but cannot hang with the big guys. I will miss him.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

Mocc- My Little Jay disappeared too. It went from 3 eyes, in 2010, to beautiful 7 eyes in 2011, then melted out that August and failed to re-appear in Spring of 2012. ;-(

-Babka

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for sharing your experience, Babka. Too bad, but I have several White Dove emerging nicely in one shared pot. I am up-potting those together. Hope little Masquerade does well too.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The 4 hosta from Plant Delights arrived and look very nice. They are in nursery pots, 3 pipping and one poking multiple high shoots which today are in different stages of opening up.

Here is Sunny Side Up. Not shown in the Hosta Library, and it is about as yellow as an egg yolk, truly a "sunny side up" plant.

...and here it is shown dwarfing Get Nekkid

Here is Surfer Dude. From the way he is beating up his pot, raging to get out, he is going to be a vigorous grower and looks like a real gnarly dude to me. Fragrant, BTW.

Here is the old softie of the bunch, Hush Puppie.Think maybe 5 eyes total after feeling around.

It will be a few days before I get back to the garden, since I've had a bout of the flu since Monday. Not feeling too spunky.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

Mocc, I'm sorry you're feeling poorly...hope you shake it off sooner than later!

Inquiring minds want to know....what the heck are you doing with the hosta in your bathtub? I recognized the sliding basket...which I use for grand kids bath toys. Lol. I'm sure curious!

It's nice to see the progress on your hosta...too bad you and Babka lost your Little Jays.

Jo

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ah, Jo, the tub is where they are invisible to DH. It is in my bathroom. In a few days the beauties go out to the potting mix where they join the family. I am too weak to do more at this time. Hope I do not miss too much of the tipping excitement. By the time the first big order arrives, he .. meaning HIMSELF, an Irish term .. Will be too busy to notice my spring routine. And I shall be strong enough to whisk the arriving boxes underneath their. Cloak of invisibility....

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths