Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
berndnyz5

Problems with looking up posts

in ny zone5
12 years ago

Do you also have problems looking up and closing out posts? Some message comes up pointing to GW's script. It started when the ads appeared. I will stop to look at this forum for a while. It might affect my computer otherwise.

Perhaps someone in the know could tell Garden Web to fix their side.

I am using Roadrunner and Firefox browser, nothing special here, I did not change my setup.

Bernd

Comments (16)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    12 years ago

when the script thingee pops up.. you can actually copy/PASTE the verbage ... so i COPY it ...

and i go to the bottom of most pages ... to where it says CONTACT US .... hit that ...

then use the pull down bar.. to REPORT TECHNICAL ISSUES..

and then paste the copy/paste into the message box.. and hit send ...

somewhere along the way.. in some post.. i read that Tamara .. is working on it ... but giving specific copy/paste.. MIGHT help her figure out what is going on ...

ken

• kskaren
    12 years ago

This may not seem like a big deal, but I always liked the way posts you had read were a different color (red, I think...or blue? whatever). That way, I didn't click on one that I knew I'd already read the last post. Now, it doesn't change color any more and I find myself wasting a lot of time opening posts I've already read. Irritating!
    Karen

• Babka NorCal 9b
    12 years ago

That is strange. I don't get any script messages and the already read messages turn red for me. Using IE9.

The only new thing that has happened in the last few days is the Google ads that appear in the list of posts.

-Babka

• Babka NorCal 9b
    12 years ago

AND...when I just went back now, those Google ads moved over to the right hand side out of the way. Good.

-Babka

• hosta_freak
    12 years ago

No problems here. My previously read posts always turn lavender,after reading. I use msn network. Phil

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    12 years ago

read posts are still changing color.. but the script thing is getting real bad this afternoon ...

no google ad issues here ...

ken

• Steve Massachusetts
    12 years ago

Try a different browser. I'm using a Mac so I switched to Safari and it worked better. A windows user that I know has disabled Java scripts and that has worked for him. GW has to get a hand on these ads. They are way too intrusive.

Steve

• tepelus
    12 years ago

I'm not having any issues either (knock on wood).

Karen

• bkay2000
    12 years ago

I just read GW's post. They say it's an issue with a Java update. The main problems are showing up on IE9 and, I think, Safari. They says they are peddling as fast as they can to get everything straightened up. The explanation is at the top of the page.

bkay

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    12 years ago

Karen- Are you blockining all cookies? That would stop the posts from changing color after you read them. Likely to be found in:

Tools->Internet Options->Privacy

tj

• kskaren
    12 years ago

It says, "Blocks third party cookies that save information that can be used to contact you without your explicit consent". There isn't a setting that says "blocks all cookies". Would that be the right setting, TJ? I haven't changed my settings and it has been doing this for a few weeks now. Thanks!
    Karen

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    12 years ago

Hmmmmmm. That sounds like a low (blocking) cookie setting and should not be the culprit.

I double checked and put mine at that setting and the posts changed colors so, no, that's not the problem.

tj

• franknjim
    12 years ago

Having a program running that always deletes temporary internet files and cookies can also be the cause of visited links not changing color.

• User
    12 years ago

Franknjim, I did not know the color changed at all and was wondering why for, thanks for letting me know. I clear out temp internet each time I close the browser, explains a lot.

• gayle0000
    12 years ago

The top of front page of the forum explains the technical issues. They give temporary fixes for Firefox and IE until they correct it.

I was having trouble the last couple days, and the temp fix works for me.
    Gayle

• kskaren
    12 years ago

My problems actually started several weeks ago, after an extended absence from the boards. When I came back, the color-changing feature no longer worked, so it might be an issue seperate from the tech issues going on now. And TJ, it said "medium" for the setting level. Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Karen