Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovetogrow

Am I nuts?

Or did I see a different format for the forums?

Comments (13)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

well ....

perhaps you are.. since its been there for 3 to 5 days ... lol ...

seriously.. you lay out a softball such as the title...

and hope i dont take a swing for the fence in deep left field???/

ken

• User
    10 years ago

Well, Paula, it's been here and it is a stripped down version of the previous system. What I find unnecessary is the long scroll down to the bottom to find the input box for a new post. And that colored box down there which I must have clicked to post, and instead it stripped my writing totally away. Bummer. But I can see they are tinkering with things, so hang on. As long as we can post lots of pictures with our postings, I can deal with other changes.

• User
    10 years ago

Update....Paula, someone on the House Plants forum made the same remark essentially. Please not that the "change" was reversed, we're back to normal. For the time being anyway.

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Mocc,

You don't have to go to the bottom to post a new message/thread. There is a link at the top of the Hosta page that says "Post a Message." It's not that obvious, but it is more convenient.

Steve

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    10 years ago

whatever they're doing its annoying. I can't even use my tablet anymore with GardenWeb, even now. The white background with shamrocks superimposes itself over the threads. Looks like a blank white page with shamrocks-no words at all. nice.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

The ads/features that are at the right side of the screen (Calendar of Events, Most Recent Posts, etc.) ----> also superimpose (at least on MY PC) over posts, preventing the reading of good portions of a lot of what peeps have typed. This has been happening for a while now.

Does that happen with anyone else? If not, I'll never bring it up again. If so, I'll send a note to GW.

Thanks,
    Don B.

• User
    10 years ago

Duhhhh, well thanks Steve! They changed the text on me I suppose.

And, could you please post your picture of Beet Salad again for BK? I think she needs one. :)

• User
    10 years ago

What browsers do you use, Don? And Funnthesun, same question. I have some issues with overlay but not on GWeb at this time. Mine happen with Yahoo on Firefox latest for Windows7sp1. I'll have to check GWeb on my Android tablet which also runs Firefox browser.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

All I ever use is my tablet (iPad) and no problems to report. The shamrocks disappear almost immediately...everything is normal here.

Mocc, it just happens to be Steve's Beet Salad picture that I saved when he first posted it. :-) ... Really a lovely lovely plant.

• User
    10 years ago

Aha, good deal, Jo. I wanted to make sure you saw his Beet Salad because it is awesome. My youngster shows a lot more red on the edge of the sprouting leaves, something I was hoping to see as it matures. It is a beautiful hosta, and part of Bob Solberg's red leaf hosta breeding program.

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    10 years ago

Android Tablet, one runs 4.2.1 and the other still runs 4.1. The 4.1 tablet, I can read it on, but when I scroll, the background jumps in and out of view. The 4.2.1 tablet, the background just stays on top all of the time, no getting past it ever! Super annoying.

• bragu_DSM 5
    10 years ago

just thot it was another hiber-nightmare

dave

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Ah, Dave's almost with us, he's tapped the 'SNOOZE' button a couple times, just a few more sleeps and we'll have another one of our beloved wisea$$e$ back and ready to roll with another season of hostas!

Thanks, Mocc. I changed my browser. Problem solved. : )

Don B.