Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what are you growing in the basement?

Posted by plantbug 7 NC (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 9:50

Who is keeping tabs on you? Glad I don't have a basement!

Here is a link that might be useful: basement growing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what are you growing in the basement?

• Posted by Ludisia 7a Philadelphia (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 12:31

ORCHIDS, I SWEAR !!!

o

Dryer lint.
Jan

o

Not sure I can post that....

Mr. 'X'

o

Nothing in the basement right now but I do have some morning glory seedlings, moonvines and daturas on the heated table in the greenhouse. Do they count? They won't go in the shady gardens, they will be out in full sun, tho. With no hostas for companions.

Sandy

o

'Operation Constant Gardener' ha ha ha ha ha please...

Don B.

o

I agree with the law suit of this couple, you have to stand up for your civil rights, that's why we had to fight the British more than 200 years ago, and we got that wonderful Constitution with its amendments.

Police is not the smartest in making individual decisions, so (I grow more than 50 hosta seedlings) when you grow things in the basement under 24 hrs light, make sure curtains are drawn.

o

mold

o

• Posted by babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 23:54

We don't have basements out here. Nuts.

-Babka

o

Then where do you grow your nuts, Babka? ;)

(Love the dryer lint and mold.)

I grow the occasional mouse.

My tomato seeds have started to sprout. Still waiting for jalapeno peppers to do the same.

o

I have 70 hosta seedlings, 4 dahlias sprouted and have taken my first coleus cuttings. They are not in the basement; they are all over the house. I also have a very patient and tolerant husband.

Beverly.

o

About 300 Hosta seedlings which I need to get down to 100. 32 seedlings of Dusty Miller, and 60 seedlings of Petunia Purple Wave. The Zinnias and Tomato seedlings start next week and the week after.

Oh and the H. Mirror Mirror in a pot which decided to wake up early in my garage.

Here's one of the keepers.

EDOP512 x Stingray #7 resized photo bc0f3875-b551-4dc5-867a-0169bb412553_zps9f546c93.jpg

Steve

o

STEVE-
What do you mean you have to get them down to 100? Throw out 200 seedlings?? Yikes. Seems like a waste. Will there actually be 200 that aren't up to the quality they need to be? Couldn't you use them anyway? Pot 'em all up and sell the scrawny ones on your driveway?
Hostanista

o

I too, do not have a basement. And I also loved the 'mold and lint ' posts. But I got an order from Bluestone and they are sitting in the sun coming through my south side sliding doors, sort of acclimating!

o

• Posted by babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 16:12

Hostanista- I will refrain from answering. ;-D

Steve- If you need to test that one for vigor in a warmer climate, I'll volunteer.

-Babka

o

Actually, it seems we're growing bins of junk we should toss....They're growing like Kudzu down there...Jeez....

Don B.

o

I noticed years ago, the more shelves you put up in the basement, the more bins of junk you grow in the shelves and in front.

o

That's for sure, Bernd.

Don B.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here