Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostafreak

Photobucket...

hostafreak
11 years ago

Well photobucket has now made it impossible to send any more pics to you on the hosta forum,so you will not see any more pics from me. They changed to the new system,and I can't put them on the forum,so that's it. They used let you change back to the old system,but it seems they have made the switch to the new one,with no going back. I uploaded a photo to my album today,but I can't do anything with it,except look at it. Phil

Comments (20)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

go to your PB library.. hit a pic.. it will take you to a new screen.. where i find the HTML code.. paste it where you type..

ken

• hostafreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Ken,but the pic still won't go into my library. It just shows up next to the library as a larger pic. The weird thing is,I still have another library in my laptop computer,and it still has the old method of Photobucket,and it still works the old way! Phil

• hostafreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK,forget it! It seems photobucket DID put it into my library,but not on the way the old method did! Sorry I ever complained,but I still don't care for the new method. See you again in hosta season,but not until this weather changes. Phil

• User
    11 years ago

Hang in there, Phil, we're almost there.

• bkay2000
    11 years ago

I had a bunch of problems. I coudln't find anything.

It sorts them by the date the photo was taken, not the date you upload them.

I had to delete all my cookies to make the uploader work.

You have to bring up the photo in a window by itself to get to the the code you use for posting.

Photobucket's change doesn't seem to be for the current users, but for the tablet and phone users. We're seeing more and more of that on the web.

It's hosta season in Texas!

bk

• paul_in_mn
    11 years ago

Below is a Photobucket screen print - under Library drop down menu - select View Library....top pics shown should be your last uploaded pics with codes below.....if last uploaded is not on top, then go to your acct settings->user settings->albums->and change your sort order to newest first.

Paul

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

And to add to what Paul said, since the only code I ever use is the HTML code, and to allow more space for pix (i really dislike that whole scrolling garbage) I set mine up to show just the HTML. If you click on a picture, under the links is an "update link options" link. In there you can define which links are visible (as well as some other album options).

tj.

11 years ago

get us there paul !!!!

on my 26 inch wide monitor.. i can only get 3 pix per row..

any idea how you manage to get 4????

ken

• paul_in_mn
    11 years ago

Ken, try Ctrl+ and Ctrl- (press and hold Ctrl) to resize screen.

Paul

11 years ago

plus or minus.. does nothing..

but i did discover.. when i point at a pic.. a gear shows in the upper right corner.. and one of the options to click on is GET LINKS ... so you dont have to navigate to a new page ...

ken

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

Ken, did you collapse the Library? I get 4 like Paul and when I collapse the Library I get 5 across.

tj

• paul_in_mn
    11 years ago

Ken, you may have to do CTRL- or CTRL+ a few times to change display size enough to get 4th column of pics to show.

Paul

11 years ago

oh you dont have to tell me to be aggressive with that .. lol

i did it FIFTY times.. nothing.. nada ... zip .. zero ...

and .. BTW.. that was the first thing i tried .. before i asked you ...

if i go full screen... i can get to 3 .... but that is blindingly white ...

i have my machine font very large... and i wonder if that is doing it.. but i cant remember how to reduce that machine wide.. gotta hint???

ken

11 years ago

ok.. didnt see your before above..

there are certain buttons.. that are just weird little squiggles...

but next to where it says LIBRARY ... i hit that squiggle.. and the library column folds up .. and i am up to 3 pix.. and if i go full screen.. 4 pix ....

there used to be a way to make the background black.. i liked that..

but i am a multiple open window guy.. so i dont like full screen ....

still want to know about machine wide font size... might have found it in firefox ...

ken

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Ken,

Are you still using an 800 x 600 screen? Mine is 1440 x 900.

Here's my screen on my laptop.

{{gwi:937937}}

Steve

11 years ago

i have a 23 inch wide HP w2338h LCD monitor ... set to 1680 x 1050 pixels ... set landscape way ...

i have my fonts set to 14 .... so my poor old eyes dont get fatigued on this infernal machine all day long ...

any idea what the DPI setting is??? .. i have it set to normal...

i do appreciate your help...

ken

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Hmmm. I wonder if we are on the same page. At the top go to "Library". Then 'View Library". See if that gets you to 4 pictures across.

Steve

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

For Windows 7 or 8 the link shows how to change DPI settings.

tj

Here is a link that might be useful: DPI

• leafwatcher
    11 years ago

yeah the UPDATE they made makes me think they think they should change the name from PHOTObucket, to FOOTinbucket !

This post was edited by leafwatcher on Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 17:21

• bkay2000
    11 years ago

LW, that's the only emoticon that i've ever been inclined to use. Very cute.

bk