Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantbug

check your mailbox

plantbug
11 years ago

I got my 2013 Hosta Journal today!!! Christmas starting early. What a way to start the week!

plantbug

Comments (9)

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

Really nice, I was wondering about when it would appear, now I know : SOON.
    They probably will mail the beginning of the alphabet first, I am at the end, nothing yet March 12.
    Bernd

This post was edited by berndnyz5 on Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 9:00

• beverlymnz4
    11 years ago

Its great that they have so much information on container gardening this time. Very timely for me as I expand my container collection.

Beverly

• User
    11 years ago

Well, the postman ran already, and no Hosta Journal for the "H's"
    Just as well, I have a lot to do this afternoon.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Got mine on Monday! Doing my happy dance- which is making reading somewhat difficult, but I will tire soon and then get down to serious reading.

• User
    11 years ago

It came today, Friday March 15. Love the green matting of the front cover, and the green and white tones of the featured hosta. Excellent photo.

Also included in a separate 3-holed supplement, are the Registrations for 2012.....the low-down on all the new hosta.

Just for the heck of it, turn to page 34 and read ........
    Becki Grows Giant Hostas on Her Deck--You Can Too.
    Here's How......... (and then shows a picture of 'Victory' in a pot on her deck. You gotta see it to believe it. One take-away tip from her, when your containers get THAT BIG, is "To reduce the pot's weight, bury empty plastic bottles in the soil."

Guess I will go to bed early tonight with the AHS Journal to read.

• rosie742001
    11 years ago

I am in Oregon, about 12 miless East of Salem. I got myJournal today and I am jazzed.It is great, but now I have added to my want list! Oh well!

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    11 years ago

Really looking forward to my first issue of The Hosta Journal. It's not arrived yet in Ontario, Canada. Wish I had become a member last year. I have heard mention about a special container garden in an issue last year. I believe the AHS sells back issues, so I can look into this.

I would love to see my first Journal in my mailbox tomorrow as it is my birthday.

Happy Birthday to all the Pisces out there (irawon & don, plus ?). Got me wondering whether obsession is a trait of Pisces people. (No, I am not really into the horoscope thing.) I have a long time Pisces friend who is into cross stitching peacocks. She has already framed EIGHT large pictures and that is not enough for her. So I am wondering if I have gotten into the "wrong" obsession. You see, the eight pictures have taken her about three years to do (and believe me she is not slow). But I can buy EIGHT hosta in one shot! And therein lies the problem . . .

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Finally got my Hosta Journal, 10 days after Plant Bug. But it's worth the wait. First story I read was about "Hot Hosta" Mango Salsa. I brought mine in early in order to give it a head start.

A great plant that is selling like hot cakes. If you aren't an AHS member, what are are you waiting for?

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: AHS

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

Got mine a couple days ago way out here on the Left Coast. Lots of info on growing in pots, and how people in different zones vary their potting medium mixes. The photos are spectacular.

-Babka

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner