Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zkathy

Naylor Creek Order Arrived Today

zkathy z7a NC
10 years ago

Left to right: Aristocrat which broke into two plants, Clear Fork River Valley, and Mango Tango. Unfortunately it's going below freezing for 8 hours tonight and my next planting opportunity is Friday after work. The beds for Clear Fork River Valley and Mango Tango are ready and waiting. I'll leave those in water (crowns dry) until then. The Aristocrat will have to go in a pot until it's bed is ready.
Kathy

Comments (9)

• mountainy man z8 Ireland
    10 years ago

Really nice, they look eager to get growing, best of luck with them.

Denis

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    10 years ago

OMG, if I get my Naylor Creek order soon, I think I'm gonna stroke out! This weather isn't ready for that, yet! Not in NC, anyway! I have been covering all my beds for 3 nights now b/c pips are showing. I am so not ready for mine!

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

can any of you literally see the pot shape ????? i can ...

repot and put in the garage.. until weather breaks .. as these have broken dormancy .... as the pips are extending.. but will be in slow motion if the weather holds cold ... probably.. still frost proof at this point.. but i wouldnt be willing to test that.. lol ... nor test it with a freeze .... garage it is ...

besides... they wont like cold soil on transplant ...

funn.. there just isnt that much drama in hosta.... crikey ...

ken

• User
    10 years ago

My order arrived from Naylor today as well. Gary sure has been busy, and likely to be more so even as the March Madness comes to an end. Have you noticed all their AUCTIONS?

Well, I have. And though I placed my order before December, they were nice enough to add the two winners to my Monday shipment, for a better shipping price total overall.

So if you think your order from late 2013 (mine was placed in October) is soon to ship, check out their HL Auctions for a lagniappe hosta or two which can piggyback with your original order. It worked for me.

I have mine unwrapped but not pictured yet. Maybe tomorrow. I have Erotica, Parthenon, The Sweetest Thing, Irish Eyes, Stargate #2, Bamse, with auction winners Android and Monsoon.

• zkathy z7a NC
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ken, I see it! They were in pots! There was only one root that broke when the Aristocrat came apart; none of the other roots were intertwined. The root balls certainly look pot shaped.

Denis, thanks for your good wishes.

Funn, you can be as dramatic as you like. Authenticity rules! You could skip the stroke out affirmation, however, it's bad for your health.

I'm going to put them in the ground Friday if the forecast holds. No freezing temps for the next 15 days.

And Mocc, you're retired, right? This thoroughness of yours has got to be innate, and if you brought that to your career, your boss misses you!
    Kathy

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

They don't need to be under water. Just in damp paper towels until you can put them in soil.

-Babka

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    10 years ago

I'm a glass overflowingly-full kind of gal. That comes out in my posts more often than not. You can't put a lid on happy! I know, right? :-)

• User
    10 years ago

Funn, perhaps you might be a cousin twice removed....no lid on happy is so true. And VKathy, not sure they miss me at work, but organization was something I did very well (until I got tired and bored by it all). hehehehe....I've been told I have lots of good ideas, just TOO MANY OF THEM.

Meanwhile, it started raining here last night with a lot of regular lightning, and it continues today, overcast, a steady rain with no wind to deflect, straight down, puddling in the lawn. And I thought it was going to be a dry spring! Well, the new hosta kids are all getting a good taste of their new lifestyle. Hope they like it.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

Mocc, meds must be working....you "sound" better already and I hope you shook off what was ailing you! :-) happy happy

Funnthsun...you got it soooo right!