Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
very early spring pics

Posted by uk-hostaman (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 30, 12 at 16:23

Trying alfalfa pellets for the first time this year...still too early to really tell,but first impressions are good....also having the warmest march over here in 55 years!

sagae

Photobucket

Photobucket

one of my many spartacus

Photobucket

sea gulf stream...my most advanced hosta!

Photobucket

really looking forward to fleet week

Photobucket

big expectations for liberty

Photobucket

torchlight

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: very early spring pics

Missed you recently. As usual, great photos. I'm going to try again on your begonia baskets. With our horrible heat last summer, they didn't do well.

bkay

o

Nice shots, UK. I look forward to many more from you as the growing season progresses.

Here's my Sagae taken today.
Sagai 3/30/12

They look to be a week or two behind yours. The problem is that we have 3 inches of snow predicted for tonight and tomorrow, and my average last frost date is May 15th. If I manage to keep these leaves from getting frost damage it will be a minor miracle.

Steve

o

Never saw anything like Fleet Week! Almost like an artichoke fruit the way the leaves are lined up on the growing eye.
I'd love to see more as they unfurl, UK.

And good luck, Steve. Family up in the Lowell area have no good news to report about the weather. Everything is upside down this year.

o

UK,that must be one humongous Sagae! Mine is up and leafed out,and it is a large hosta,but only has 4 eyes. Phil in NC

o

• Posted by babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 30, 12 at 23:15

UK, what size pot is that? My Sagae was in a 3 gal pot and it had about 10 eyes when it split the plastic.

-Babka

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here