Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning up, rearranging, and thinking of Hallson order

Posted by Brandys_garden 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 16:33

I've been cleaning up the leaves and rearranging some hostas. I am pretty sure Dream Queen has bit the dust? I'll find out more in a little while after I go look through the soil more thoroughly. Anyway, I was browsing through Hallson last night.... I am thinking Avocado (a descendent of Guacamole per Don's suggestion, I just think I like Avocado better), Rainbows End and Autumn Frost for my first order!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning up, rearranging, and thinking of Hallson order

have you seen the post at the link below???

and do be sure .. to understand... ground needs to thaw.. before sellers north of you.. can dig up plants to send ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Yes, Ken I am aware. Thank you! I am not talking about ordering tomorrow... I mean like a month or so from now. Probably 6 weeks. I still have to find homes for 3 of the U.Medio-Verigata hostas. And wait on the others to come through or not. I know 15 are coming back. But there are still 4 unaccounted or unsure of still.

o

I toiled in the garden a little this afternoon to get ready for spring (hopefully). I raked some leaves but still need to get UNDER the patio... Hoping no snakes or rodents come creeping out as I'm doing so, too... Oh, you'll know if they do, too, believe me!!!! But, I got actual stands for a lot of my plants and I rearranged some to better fit their needs, so in the deep space area, I'll have my less sun tolerant hosta aka the golden ones and such. And on my patio, I'll have my most spectacular and the baby ones and around and in front, I will have my sun tolerants and some favorites, as well.

o

the trick is..

to order now..

usually... though i speak not for chris.. orders are processed in order of arrival...

so if you want something rare.. or of limited quantity.. it never hurts to order early ....

i just wanted to make sure you 'expectation of delivery' was tuned to ma nature ...

and of course.. your system.. means you can protect things rather easily.. should a frost or freeze come along ...

still plugging away at school???

ken

o

Thats a nice collection of pots you have there, your hostas looked great last year and will be even better this year I'm sure, I like the stands, keeps them up and away from the slugs and to display at different heights.

I hope you don't find any wild life under the patio, we don't have snakes thankfully.

Denis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here