hostanista

Oh Carp!

hostanista
10 years ago

IT'S SNOWING.

Comments (15)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Haha-great graphic. Reality? Not so funny...we also are expecting snow on Tuesday.

Cynthia

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear that. I hope you have some warm air and sunshine soon.

bk

• esther_b
    10 years ago

Oh noes! And we're supposed to get some kind of weirdo March snowstorm on Tuesday. Forecasters too chicken to state expected snowfall. Just what I wanted! (NOT!!)

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Looks like spring is still buffering here too, hasn't quite loaded yet. Snowed all day today, just what tender new pips love.

Don B.

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

LOVE the graphic, and I feel for you. My mom lives about 100 miles north of me, and she's still got snowdrifts. I can only imagine what it's like in Canada.

Snow is forecast here, too, but less than an inch - and I don't have any hostas showing. Hoping the daffs, crocus, iris and daylilies can take a few below freezing nights.

• Jon 6a SE MA
    10 years ago

Big Nor'easter set for Tuesday night into Wednesday.

• ninamarie
    10 years ago

No Spring yet. About 5" of snow fell the night before last and today and last night are bone-chilling. Tonight's low temperature is supposed to be -20C.

• Jon 6a SE MA
    10 years ago

'Tonight's low temperature is supposed to be -20C'

-5 F to us Celsius impaired people.

• User
    10 years ago

Good thing I was born in the south, at this point I would be crazy, a blithering idiot, and packed for the equatorial jungles, looking for hammocks, palm trees, and parrots.
    But wait....that is not a dream, it is real. My mind is playing tricks again.

• esther_b
    10 years ago

Yeah, JonnyB, that's the same nor'easter gonna hit NYC. I heard we will only be brushed with like 6" of snow. Oo-eee, I am sooo thrilled to only have to clean 6" of snow off my car and all around it to get out vs. 12" of snow.

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    10 years ago

I have definitely had enough of winter!

• Jon 6a SE MA
    10 years ago

11 degrees this morning. Storm watch for tonight with 100% chance of snow. Blizzard warnings 15 miles from me and a possible one foot of snow here with a Nor'easter on March 25, 26. Trees are in bud, daffodil and Crocus are coming up. No hosta pips, no end to winter in sight.

I have had quite enough.

Jon

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    10 years ago

Wow, I always feel like Spring is taking forever to get here, and then I read what it's doing one zone above me or more and well, I don't feel so bad anymore. Still frustrating, we are usually only looking at an occasional dip below freezing at this point and I am covering my plants right now (some pips are up!) for 4 straight days of below freezing temps. This is seriously a harsh winter. When I read your posts about snow, more snow, much snow--well, I just blink. We are colder than usual, and got more snow here than usual, but we are talking a handful of snow/ice events, the biggest was 4 inches, the others were 2 or less. How the heck do you guys live there?????? I would run around pulling my hair out and screaming! I guess you just can't get the South out of a southern girl, right Mocc?

Granted I am in Raleigh/Durham area, where most storms seem to go east of us or west of us. Seems to be in the sweet spot of the state and misses most of everything. Thank God for that. Still, I don't think I've ever been more ready for spring. Today's my b-day and it's usually, well--sunny! Today we expect rain. Ugggghhh. It's hard to even imagine Spring, even with the trees starting to bloom. Too darn cold! (Yeah, I know, whine, whine--you people defin have it worse and I bow to you in pity).

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Funnthsun!!!!!!

Hope you have a terrific day! Maybe you will score like Don B. In Colorado and get some hosta $!

• ninamarie
    10 years ago

I still can't find the gardens. It's snowing now, as I type. Thursday is forecast to bring above freezing temperatures. I'm giddy with anticipation.

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone