13 years ago

Sum & Substance
    {{gwi:950072}}

• coralb
    13 years ago

Striptease

• paul_in_mn
    13 years ago

Sea Thunder - I've grown this one smaller over first few years, last year was good, hope it fills a bit more this year - else I'll have to try finding it more sun in '11

Sleeping Beauty - nice hosta - a Halcyon Sport

Summer Olympics - new in '10, sport of Alex Summers

Spilt Milk

Sun Power - has produced a lot of sports and seedlings

Paul

• uk-hostaman
    13 years ago

paul...great pictures..could you tell me the name of the hosta behind 'sleeping beauty'on the left with the ruffled edges...many thanks

• paul_in_mn
    13 years ago

uk-h, that is Journey's End in its 3rd year - nice hosta, good grower.

Paul

• luvtosharedivs
    13 years ago

Couldn't keep up with necessary watering last summer:

Julie

• mctavish6
    13 years ago

Julie, that the best picture of Sergeant Pepper I've ever seen. I've heard it's hard to grow. Do you think it is? I have one coming this year so I'm going to give it a try.

I don't think I've found the right place for Scallion Pancakes yet. Last summer it was with the green and blues which I have together in order to see the differences.

• luvtosharedivs
    13 years ago

Mctavish,

Thanks for your comment about 'Sergeant Pepper'.

No, I don't find it hard to grow.
    It gets plenty of sun, especially in the afternoon, which it seems to like. I don't have a record of where I got it, but I THINK it was from Foxfire Botanical gardens before they went out of business. They always sent huge plants, so I'm sure when I first planted it in my garden, it was already of substantial size.

Julie

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    13 years ago

Well, if nobody is going to show their Sagae, I guess I'll open with my baby.

{{gwi:950968}}

• coralb
    13 years ago

St. Paul

Sum of All

• in ny zone5
    13 years ago

Coral, I have a baby Sum of All, and notice that the one shown above does not have the wider yellow margin. Is that because the picture was taken in fall and the margin greened up?
    Bernd

• donrawson
    13 years ago

Bernd,

Sum of All emerges in the spring with subtle variegation...then the margin brightens up as the season progresses. On Coral's pic, you can faintly see the margin which is light green...and my guess is that the pic was taken in spring or early summer. :)

• coralb
    13 years ago

Hi Bernd,

Don is correct. The picture was taken early spring. By the end of the summer the margins were quite pronounced. I really like this one. I just hope I can get it to grow.

• in ny zone5
    13 years ago

Thanks Don and Coral, I got mine last August from Hallson and did not see the beginning in Spring. That will be a nice plant when mature!
    Bernd

• hostahillbilly
    13 years ago

{{gwi:948271}}

hh

• hostahillbilly
    13 years ago

Still waaaaay behind with the alphabet series, but noticed another omission to rectify:
    {{gwi:935695}}

It's the one near upper left, below the Night Before Christmas . . .

The seeds we collected and tried last winter were viable and produced several babies that we're growing on, check back in ten years ;-) Seriously, they look good, but y'all know it takes ten years to really know . . .

hh

• hostahillbilly
    13 years ago

an under-appreciated one, Salute!
    {{gwi:941983}}
    hh

• hostahillbilly
    13 years ago

{{gwi:950980}}
    hh

• uk-hostaman
    13 years ago