Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This One is Called "CUPCAKE"

Posted by Hostanista 5B (Ont) (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 7, 14 at 19:23

Nope, not a hosta, sorry to fool you like that. I'm still buried under a mega-ton of snow. So if I can't see green, I will feast my eyes on chocolate, whipped cream, and Grand Marnier spiked strawberries until true spring hits.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This One is Called "CUPCAKE"

Red wine helps, too.

Zinfandel goes very well with chocolate and strawberries.

bk

o

You're my kind of gal, bkay.

o

This one is called "CLOONEYCAKE"

Bon Apetit, ladies! ; )

o

Hmmm. I thought that was Allan P. McConnell.

o

Whomever he is, I'd call that "cupcake".

bk

o

LOL Steve and BKay!!!!

Don B.

o

***sigh*** ahhhh oh George.......then back to ROTFLMAO!!! You all are too hilarious! never a dull moment on this forum - hip hip hooray!

o

That's what I call 'eye candy'!!!!! And he has gotten better with age! lol.

o

How did this CUPCAKE post get hijacked into a GEORGE CLOONEY post? I blame Don_in_Colorado. (Thank you Don.) Wouldn't it be neat if they named a hosta "George Clooney" so we could all grow them in our gardens?

o

LOL... Seriously, though...Sorry about that, Hostanista. Sometimes my attempts at humor temporarily trump my manners.

Don B.

o

If they ever name a hosta "Don_in_Colorado", I'm buying it and will giggle every time I pass by it in the garden. (Humor trumps manners in my book all the time!)

o

I, for one, am appalled by the females of this Forum who apparently define men by ogling the male form. It is my sincere wish that someday you gals will follow our lead and base your judgements of the opposite sex on intelligence, character and spirit of the heart.

o

Yeah, sure, Harry. (eyeroll)

bk

o

is it ok to define hostas by ogling their form, or shall we judge them by their 'intelligence, character and spirit of the heart'? (tongue in cheek). Just couldn't resist, Harry... my humor trumped my manners in this case!

o

Oh good one, Gardens1 !!! Like that!

o

I could just visualize George out in the gardens pulling weeds from around cupcake and don in Colorado as I sip on ice tea and cupcakes from my patio / What kind of weed is in our gardens or is that spring fever we have?
Back to my morning coffee and frost on the pumpkin (sigh)

o

I am merely trying to bring the highest standards of gender equality and understanding to this forum and the entire world. My convictions remain constant for Hosta and all plants.

Envisioning George Clooney working in your garden as you sit back enjoying tea and cup cakes while watching him weed is scandalous.

Conversely, because she is intelligent, of high character and spirit, it would be perfectly acceptable for me to envision Scarlett Johansson working in my garden.

o

We like intelligence, character and what ever else you said, Harryshoe,but a little "eye candy " sure as heck doesn't hurt.

o

Sorry, I don't care what they look like. My criteria for help in the garden is if I say dig a hole here, they say "How deep?"
Kathy

o

Why, I bet that is just an old selfie that Don had lying around! Very nice treat after a long day in the classroom. I do love strawberries.

o

I see we all are getting punchy over this cupcake. I now visualize poor George with most of us that are the same age as his equally good looking dad. Oh well he would do too or Paul Newman if he was still with us. All would be unlikely to show up

o

Well it's a good thing I am allergic to Grand Marnie, Zinfandel and whatever else ya'll are nipping or I might just smother myself with it. Ah heck just a little whipped cream and strawberries won't hurt...

o

my gardener candy will always be robert redford, he continues to age well

o
Vintage Eye Candy With Pastry

For all you old timers:

photo soupy-whitefang.jpg

o

OK ladies, time to cleanse the palate.

Don B.

o

Harry, buddy...This one's for you (and me)!

Don B.

o

I definitely detect intelligence, character and spirit.

Is that a garden trow in her holster?

o

Yup, that's a new model of a hand trowel! Harry, you might have to twitter her and ask where she got it!? But she needs better gardening gloves!

Thanks for the laffs, guys!

o

What's that in her right hand, a spray can of 'Vole-Away'? : )

Don B.

o

Don, I like women with tool belts, and dressed all in black. But where are the garden tools. Ah, she will shoot rabbits and voles, great. I could also sit there having a beer and she cleaning my garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here