Tick Tock - a late '10 addition - a Gold Drop sport

Tokudama - new in '10, but nice size

Paul

• coralb
    13 years ago

Tokudama Aureonebulosa

• hosta_freak
    13 years ago

Here's T-Rex,amidst some of his friends. I didn't have an individual pic of him,but you can see him in the bottom of the pic,trying to overshadow all those around him. Soon,he will turn into a "tree",and become shade for the other hostas to grow under! This pic is actually taken from above the garden,on the street where I live. Phil

{{gwi:951376}}

• luvtosharedivs
    13 years ago

Hpknman,
    Lovely Touch Of Class! Is that a Weigela in the upper right of the top photo?

Paul,
    What a magnificent diversity of foliage in your top photo.
    Looks like a critter sampled the tip of a leaf on the upper right. I observe the same telltale signs in my gardens.

Coralb,
    I hope my Tokudama Aureonebulosa looks like yours someday. Mine is growing painfully slow.

Phil,
    Your photo is very pleasing to the eye. It looks like you have a path going through the middle (sort of horizontal), perfect for browsing the beauty of the garden.

My Thunderbolt seems to have lost some of it's center width. Most pics I've seen have wider center stripes. Would anyone have a suggestion why this is happening?

Another one I have to move to give it more space:

Julie

• paul_in_mn
    13 years ago

Julie - Happens mostly in my east garden, rabbits like to sample the tender shoots when unfurling. So I play a game of covering/protecting for about 3-4 weeks until leaves are open. Frustrating since one nibble will affect 2-4 leaves when leafed out. Fast growers like lancifolia - remove a few leaves later and doesn't show, but a big leaf hosta like Northern Exposure - reminder is there all season.

Paul

• hosta_freak
    13 years ago

Luvtosharedivs,yes there are two paths going thru there,and I can walk through on either side of the middle bed. Otherwise it would be impossible to see them close-up. Phil

• hosta_freak
    13 years ago

I see you have a Twilight Time in one of your pics. I just planted one last year and it is sure encouraging to see yours! Mine is not up yet,but I am looking forward to seeing it now! Phil

• hostahillbilly
    13 years ago

These alphabet series went by too fast for me to keep up, but I just now noticed an omission, Hosta 'Tutu':
    {{gwi:935408}}

hh, thanking all y'all for the great pics in this and earlier alphabet series! And I bet UK hostaman will be interested in this wavy edged one, huh?

Looking at the preview I realize this pic is from 2 years ago. Last year it overgrew the label stab.

And the vole hunter in the upper left is 'Lolly', and she just last week brought a BIG dead one to the back door, YES!

hh

• uk-hostaman
    13 years ago

i love your tutu....last season i had to chose bewteen that one or reptilian and chose the reptilian!(i think from one of your posted pics)

• in ny zone5
    13 years ago

HH, Tutu is very nice. And then you have all those beautiful rocks. Right now you probably can not see any of that, too much snow. 2 days ago I saw a chipmunk run across a road here, thought they would still be sleeping under all that snow we have in NY. Bernd