Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new order

Posted by rosie742001 z5Oregon (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 29, 13 at 19:38

Got my order (!ST one)from Bluestone Perennials today and was very pleased with them. 3" pots and all the plants looking good. My other go- to nursery is Hallson Gardens(super to do business with). Just thought I would get the word out! SPRING!!! Hooray!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new order

Hooray! We're looking forward to our first nursery opening on Monday, April 1.

Don't leave us in suspense, what hostas did you get?

Gesila

o

It's always a pleasure to get an order to plant. I spent a good part of the day pot shopping, and also got 3 more huge bags of MiracleGro potting mix w/o moisture control. Will mix that with some of my crab shells and pot up the 21 new hosta from Naylor Creek(Bainbridge Island, WA).

I replaced Faith and Brother Stefan, two very important hosta in my garden. So that means 19 new additions.

o

Mocc - do the crab shells take the place of pine fines in your potting mix? Do you buy them, or did you get to eat the crab first? (The only source here would be leftover from dinner at Red Lobster. Not that I wouldn't be willing to eat large quantities of crab in the interest of happy hostas lol)

Rosie - better than Xmas when the fedex guy brings hostas eh? Have fun.

gesila - a new nursery opens just down the road this Tuesday. Guess I'll be there!

Spring! Love it!
Jan

o

I just got Dino from Naylor creek,and today I planted it in the garden,next T-Rex. No pics yet,as it was dormant when it came in. A massive root system,though! With that root system,it should grow very well. Phil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here