Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wild-Growing Hosta, great photo

Posted by Don_in_Colorado 6a (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 22:04

Was surfing the net and found a fantastic pic of a species of hosta growing in a Japanese forest.... montana? That's a guess, I do not know what they are. Only that they're beautiful.

Final Lap 'til Spring, People! Cheers!

Don B.
Warming in Westminster, CO.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wild-Growing Hosta, great photo

Wow!!! Outstanding!

o

And another...

o

how about a link to the pix original site???

the library front page.. has links to george schmid papers on species..

its been a long time.. but he used to offer such type pix ..

ken

o

You see such pictures in the Hosta Library under 'Hosta Species', see link, select a species in the table at the bottom of George Schmidt's work.

Here is a link that might be useful: George Schmidt's Hosta Species

o

Bernd, can you give the link actual because the HL is hard to bring up today, and it does not show where to go to George Schmidt's species. I know I downloaded his plantaginea papers, but did not see actual photos in the wild with that.

Or Don, might you also have the link to those photos?
Maybe this thread has created a bandwidth surge so I cannot gain access right now. Bummer.

o

Fabulous pictures!

o

Moccasin, it is at hostalibrary.org , then click on 'Species Update' (in red). Bernd

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here