Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In less than a month

Posted by Brandys_garden 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 1:03

Many of my hostas are looking really good. A couple have cold damage but they are still coming in full and nice coloring. June has really spread out and gotten full in just two weeks. Minuteman is stunning and growing super fast in the 3 weeks since I put him in the nursery pot. Bressingham Blue already has a scape! Guacamole is twice as big as when I got it just 3 weeks ago. Krossa Regal is spreading out and more eyes emerging.

Bressingham Blue's scape
 photo IMG_1318_zpsc546bf46.jpg

Guacamole today
 photo IMG_13192_zps944fa9d6.jpg

Whirlwind Tour today
 photo IMG_13202_zps06a76e0c.jpg

Krossa Regal today
 photo IMG_13212_zps68f29e2d.jpg

June after a shower yesterday
 photo IMG_13032_zps0c2b6452.jpg

June and Albomarginata are good friends and enjoy each others company
 photo IMG_13042_zpsd8592156.jpg

Blue Mouse Ears today
 photo IMG_13082_zpsaf0704ce.jpg

Fire Island has stunning color this year!
 photo IMG_13092_zpsa51ca059.jpg

I look forward to Minuteman completely unfurling and filling out, too. And I am hopeful for my other 2 still under the grow lights. Wheee is stunning but I am waiting on it to unfurl just a touch more before a picture. It looks weird right now to me. It's only partially unfurled so it looks unbalanced. But, trusts me, she's stunning this year, too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In less than a month

Good show, Brandy. The leaves on your hosta are perfect. I love it when that happens.

o

After all that damage you had you are really doing great, congratulations! Bernd

o

Looking good.

o

Thanks, I am really pleased. The top leaves coming in on Albormarginata seem to be less cold damaged. So I am hoping they will cover up most of it.

I was at Walmart today and they FINALLY got hostas in. They have some new varieties they've never had before, too!! And some more variety in sizes. They have Golden Tiara which I am thinking of going and getting. I am pretty sure it's labeled right, too. I've been looking at pics of her online and they look the same. She's one of the smaller varieties, right? If so, she's a definite for me.

They also have First Frost, The Night Before Christmas, Brother something (not Stephen, it started with an F or H, I think), another small variety (it looks small to me) River something or Something River? I've never heard of it before. They had a lot of others and they said it's just their first shipment so who knows what else they'll have later?

* It was Brother Ronald.... I just remembered!

This post was edited by Brandys_garden on Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 14:42

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here