Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tiddisolo_gw

H. Marrakech

Fast becoming one of my favourite golds.
Now in it's third year it just gets better and better.

Dave

Comments (17)

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    9 years ago

Wow! Marrakech really puts on a nice show. I LOVE it! Does it hold its color all season? I need to get some more golds and that one is going to the top of the list.

Linda

• tiddisolo z8 Wales UK
    Original Author
    9 years ago

If memory serves it gets more yellow as the season progresses. Mine is in sun for most of the day but at this latitude that means very little compared to the intensity of sun you get.

Dave

• User
    9 years ago

That is a beautiful small hosta. I note that in MYHOSTAS.BE description of it, it won a Best of Section at First Look competition. No YEAR was given, and it is shown as NR (not registered) by Ken Terpening. Pink blooms and dusky pink scapes compliment one another. Nothing given as to the pod or pollen parent.

You are so lucky to have chosen this little gem. It is doing very well for you too. Love the golds too. There is always room for more small gold hosta!

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    9 years ago

Sure does look like a winner of a hosta. Need to put that one on my want list!

This post was edited by newhostalady on Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 14:09

• jadie88
    9 years ago

Wow. 'Marrakech' really has it all going for it, doesn't it? Looks fantastic!

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

I bought my Marrakech back in 2012. It is such a beautiful emerging golden hosta with those lovely ripples that catch so many of us. It is however viridescent and not lutescent....in our climate it is a textbook hosta. To demonstrate the degree of "greening" in my zone 5, I attach a pic taken on September 16, 1013. This M is sited in dappled shade until around 11:30, then full sun until 2:30.

Dave, yours is a lovely full looking beauty that has a year on mine...wish mine stayed yellow longer but it's not a hardship to admire it in either form, is it? :-).

Jo

9 years ago

Duplicate, sorry.

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by josephines67 on Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 15:49

• bchosta 8b west coast canada
    9 years ago

Mine has a way to go before it grows up - purchased last year as a single division. It's supposed to be a quick grower if given some good light. From what I've read, it greens up as the year progresses. Not sure how quickly, since it only arrived last October.
    Anyways, Tiddisolo, yours looks fabulous - I can see why it's becoming an established favourite.
    BC

9 years ago

Here it is in early stages last spring. Vibrant!

• User
    9 years ago

OMG, every picture is gorgeous. I like it.
    If I could only have one more hosta EVER, would this one be it? Cannot go that far. But it isn't the last one I'll ever get, God willing, so yes, it is ON THE LIST.

Jo, I think I remember your pictures of Marrakesh and found them striking then....but all these with not a bad shot in the bunch....

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

"If I could only have one more hosta EVER, would this one be it? Cannot go that far."

Better not, Mocc. Your fragrants will never forgive you. ; )

Looking good, Dave!

Don B.

9 years ago

LOL Don! LOL.

BC - the colour of yours is soooo soft looking, not as glaring as mine for example...I really love to see the variations or subtleties in the same hosta, grown in different environments.

• bchosta 8b west coast canada
    9 years ago

Josephines67,
    Whereas I do like the bold vibrancy of the spring yellows, I do appreciate the mellow mood of this more muted appearance - don't know how long it will last. This one receives morning sun only.
    BC

9 years ago

There's something to be said for both, isn't it? I always seem to react in a positive way to the "mellow" in any hosta - it's always a *sigh* kind of reaction. ... Until an "in-your-face" drop-dead gorgeous "look at me, NOW" hosta stops me in my tracks ... Then it's back to another *sigh* for a June ... Then .... And ... and so it goes - yup, mellow and wild, I'm a hosta-child!

BC - since it is in a pot (what luck) I can experiment with placement this summer, thank you for mentioning the sun exposure you provide! :-).

Jo

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

I had Hadspen Samphire, which looked like yellow licks of flames in Spring...then it turned to regular medium green. I gave it awayafter enjoying it for about 5 years. If you have the space, you should have at least one of these Spring bright yellow hostas to get you hyped for the season. Just tuck it in somewhere.

-Babka

• allnitro
    9 years ago

This pic is from a few years back........'Marrakech' is one to add to everyone's collection.

• flowerchild59
    9 years ago

All I can say is Kent has outstanding hostas.