Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerchild59_gw

Summer squall in the rain

flowerchild59
9 years ago

I am really liking this hosta. The form and color and rippling are wonderful. This pic was taken this am.

Comments (13)

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

Nice hosta. It hurts my neck to look at it, though. Try right side up.

bk

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Now is a good time to remind tablet users (me included) to ensure that when taking a picture, the snap button is on the right side. If it is appears anywhere else your picture will be askew. Same premise for iPhone etc.

Lately I've had to jiggle or turn the tablet upside down to bring the snap button to where it belongs....depending on how I was aiming. :-)

Jo

• Steve Massachusetts
    9 years ago

Yeah, but it's a really good shot when you twist your head. :) Summer Squall is a Bob Solberg plant that I should have bought from Bob 3 years ago at the 2011 convention. I got cheap and passed it up. Non-buyers remorse.

Steve

This post was edited by steve_mass on Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 13:39

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

I just click on the photo and it straightens it up. Using a Chromebook. The click (or tap) trick works to correct the photo position on our Windows 8.1 desktop running Chrome Browser.

What a beautiful photo. I even like the title. The water droplets are arranged like jewels on the edges. Don't think I've seen that before. Only a hosta gardener would be out there in the rain taking photos!

-Babka

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

whats the deal with that leaf at 3 oclock??? [noon if you are too lazy to open the pic in a new window] ...

first leaf out damage.. ???? if so.. rip it out of there ...

ken

• flowerchild59
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I took the picture slightly askew in order to show the droplets on the way the edges I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my picture taking abilities.

• jadie88
    9 years ago

It's a beautiful picture of a beautiful hosta. That shade of deep blue-green is amazing!

Flowerchild, what people are commenting on is NOT your framing of the picture (which is perfect!), its just this weird thing that happens with posting photos from mobile devices...I had no idea what people were talking about the first time it happened to me, because the pictures appeared right side up for me on my tablet. For people on computers, the photo was upside down or on its side. Yours, for instance, appears with the top on the left hand side.

I stopped posting photos for the most part because I never knew if it would be oriented correctly, and I never get the time to upload all my pics onto a PC and post from there. YOU are not allowed to stop posting pictures, however, because you have beautiful photos that need to be seen! :)

I look forward to seeing 'Summer Squall' throughout the season!

This post was edited by jadie88 on Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 19:46

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

No one would be offended by the sideways photo. (You have to mean to offend people around here - we're pretty unoffendable in the normal course of things.) That was my un-cute way of saying it's sideways. I'll think of a better way to say it next time. Because there will be a next time.

I'm still on Windows 7, and clicking on it does nothing. It looks like the hosta is growing out of a wall to me.

I also realize it looks straight to you. It also looks straight to other tablet users, by the way.

Great photo, incidentally.

bk

• flowerchild59
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just got home from my trek to st. Louis from southern Illinois. Driving in St. Louis traffic makes me appreciate southern Illinois all the more.
    I now see what you mean about viewing it from a PC and being mis-oriented (is that a real word???). I will try to do better with future pics.
    I want to see pics of unusual hostas. Hopefully all oriented in the correct position.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

Bkay- There is a Chrome browser for Windows 7. Have you tried that?
    I don't have a Windows 7 computer to try it on. It loads very quickly and if it doesn't help you out you can remove it easily. Not meaning to beat a dead horse here, it is just that I know how annoying it is to have things be sideways on a laptop or desktop. Just trying to help... ;-)

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Chrome browser for Windows 7

• Mary4b
    9 years ago

I rotated it for you...very nice!

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

Boy, that is a nice photo.

bk

• User
    9 years ago

NOTE:
    If the photo is sideways or upside down on the post, simply do a click on the picture and it will appear properly.

Who told me that? I read it here, tried it, and it works every time.

Love that Summer Squall. Sure looks like a dark storm cloud.
    Beautiful hosta