Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luckykat13

My first photo

luckykat13
12 years ago

After much effort and hours of help from my husband, I am now about to post my first photo from Snapfish. The tutorials are set up to pull from Photobucket and it is not easy to post from Snapfish. Here we go. Hope this works.

I'm gonna owe him big.:)

Comments (20)

• Gesila
    12 years ago

Congratulations, very nice photo!

Gesila

• marquest
    12 years ago

Very pretty and a very good First photo.

• caliloo
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! And congrats on learning a new skill that will make you very popular here!

Alexa

• Cher
    12 years ago

Lovely Hostas and lovely setting you have there.
    Cher

• Babka NorCal 9b
    12 years ago

What a beautiful assortment. Names?????

-Babka

• luckykat13
    Original Author
    12 years ago

They are, from the right, guacamole, halcyon, thunderbolt, and blue mouse ears. This photo was from late last June. We will see how they all are this year. Leap year for the three big guys.

• nutmeg4061
    12 years ago

it was worth it, great shot!
    this means you have to share more pics now, you know that right? lol

Michelle

• Cindy Johnston
    12 years ago

Beautiful combination of hosta and flowers. If this is leap year, I see transplant duties in the near future for you!
    Cj

• User
    12 years ago

I really like the Guacamole next to the blue Halcyon. Both are really showing their stuff!

Never saw Thunderbolt before, it is quite interesting.
    If it gets any bigger, that cute little Blue Mouse Ears will be hidden.

Great picture, lovely plants. You get A+ on all counts.

• bkay2000
    12 years ago

Congratulations on your new skill. Nice photo.

Moccasin, Thunderbolt is almost the same as Dream Queen, which you already have. However, if your past is an indicator of the future, it will be on order tomorrow. ;)

bkay

• luckykat13
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm sure I will be moving some of these guys. I tend to overcrowd things. Last year had to move Sagae, Liberty,and Lakeside Dragonfly. This year so far they look amazing. I have had Sagae envy from others pictures for years Not this year. I hope. Now if only Atlantis would catch up.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    12 years ago

Thanks for the names, LuckyKat...you really boosted my ego with this post...I have all those hostas and guessed them correctly. That is a first for me!!!

-Babka

• User
    12 years ago

BKAy, I'd have to put the two pictures side by side, to see what is same/different. No, I have the queens, which I like, do not need the Thunderbolt. I got Queen Josephine yesterday though.

Won't be getting Halcyon either, because I have enough blues for this climate. The Fragrant Blue is holding up pretty nice so far, staying bluish.

Nice thing about pots, I can keep shuffling things around until I begin to notice what looks alike. Doing it with the golds, and I really like a lot of gold!

• jarih Hynninen
    12 years ago

Hello from Finland. This is my first picture here. I took this last summer, now we have second week after snow. I hope all will be bigger this season.

I am not happy this small presentation / picture but maybe I learn more ..

• Cher
    12 years ago

hi jarih. Not sure what made your photo appear small but your garden bed and Hosta are lovely.
    Cher

• jarih Hynninen
    12 years ago

This is the second and the hosta is Silver Star.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    12 years ago

Jarih- Sure looks like you figured out that photo stuff very well indeed. What beautiful lighting.

-Babka

• luckykat13
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Jarih. Your garden is beautiful! What is the blue one in the middle. I love it and will need to get one immediately:)

• jarih Hynninen
    12 years ago

LuckyKat13 - in the middle there is El Nino. Here in Finland (cold climate) it stays quite smallish. I have seen here in Hosta forum some other pictures of El N. and they have been lot of bigger.

• luckykat13
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Jarih. I do have El Niño Got him last year and left him in a pot over the winter. I just planted it and I love it. A bunny ate a few leaves but he still looks good.