Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
josephines67

Happy Easter, Everyone!

Hope everyone has a beautiful day doing what they love to do.
Blessings to all on this extraordinary day.
Jo

Comments (14)

• hostanista
    9 years ago

And the award for the BEST GRANDPA IN THE WORLD goes to Volker Kraft who hung 10,000 Easter eggs from his apple tree in Saalfeld, Germany. (Have fun taking those down after Easter, Gramps!)

• jan_on zone 5b
    9 years ago

The sun is shining, the robins are singing, the hostas are stirring, and I didn't hang any Easter eggs in the trees to interfere with time I spend in the garden lol! Does it get any better than this?
    Enjoy the day.
    Jan

• beverlymnz4
    9 years ago

Best day of the year so far:) Sunny, not too windy, upper 60s. I bought a trellis off of Craigslist this morning and then planted my lettuce. Hosta (except for undulata) are still safely underground. No need for them to come up until May.

Happy Easter Everyone
    Beverly

• almosthooked zone5
    9 years ago

Have a happy Easter everyone and we have been blessed with a beautiful sunny day and the humming birds are back too so maybe spring if on the way after all. Time to stuff a bird and then get out into the garden to plant some of the newly purchased plants

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    9 years ago

Happy Easter everyone! No eggs here rabbit is hiding. Paula

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Thank you, Jo. And the same to you. : )

Don B.

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    9 years ago

I also wish you all a Happy Easter. I hope you enjoy this great day.

Here is a photo of some of my handmade Easter eggs. Each one made from a real egg, the old fashioned way---using wax. A gift to me from a long time friend. She is a keeper!

• mctavish6
    9 years ago

What wonderful eggs. Years ago my sister and I had such fun making Ukrainian eggs. It's like creating with your eyes shut since you don't know what it's going to look like until you melt the current layer of wax off. We didn't follow any kind of pattern yet the designs on your eggs are very familiar to what we did. I'll have to ask her if she still has the tools to do more.

• garyz6ohio
    9 years ago

Thanks Jo, and a Happy Easter to you also!

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    9 years ago

Yes, McTavish, it's Ukrainian easter eggs. My friend invited my kids and myself to try and make these eggs. They're a lot of work, but fun. Gave me a real sense of appreciation.

Those eggs also were not done with any pattern---each a personal creation.

Sorry, the picture didn't come out too clearly. I'm going back and forth checking on my roasting turkey!

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

Happy Easter, everyone.

Definitely a season for renewal.

bk

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    9 years ago

Those Easter eggs made using wax are extraordinary! Such talent.
    I wonder how long it took to put all of those eggs on Grampa's tree in Germany?

• in ny zone5
    9 years ago

Grandpa Volker in Germany probably got all tired out putting them up including moving the ladder. Now will have no good back left to take them down. Or he will wait for a storm blowing them to his neighbors.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lol ... If it was me, I would not be in any hurry to take them down...enjoy them for awhile....then I would rent scaffolding some week-end and have an Easter egg hunt for adults! Beverages and food provided AFTER the take-down - good party excuse, lol