Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happeningest forum ...

Posted by bragu 5a (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 10:50

things roll over quickly here. so many great contributors.

thanks for all the moments, and the many more to come

*wonders if he has killed enough time yet waiting for something green to show up in his Iowa garden*

Can you imagine trying to grow hosta in alaska?

that's gotta be a zone -3B

dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happeningest forum ...

You said it Dave! Happeningest!

So...I tried to imagine, googled and attached a link for the curious and "in-waiting". When I saw the chard I immediately thought, wow, wouldn't that pop of colour look great amongst some single coloured hosta! like some of the sun loving golds for instance!

Reality in, for example, Bethel AK...on June 19, 2013 the record high was 88F. Record low was 25 on June 2, 1982 (average June low 43).

The month of June is characterized by rising daily high temperatures, with daily highs increasing from 57F to 61F over the course of the month, exceeding 71F or dropping below 47F only one day in ten. Daily lows range from 40-47F, falling below 33F or exceeding 52F only one day in ten.

I think I am happy to be gardening in my zone 5. :-)

Jo

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening in Alaska

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here