Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I hate to say it but...

Posted by miketropic 6B - 7 KY (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 10:58

As some of you might remember when I started posting in this forum I was planning a move and all my hostas were planted in ground. I was not real sure how I was going to take them all and with a bit of advise from everyone I had a go at it.I dug up everything I could find and loaded them and a tag into plastic grocery bags and moved them here. with no pots and all the bags of top soil frozen I didn't know what to do...Then Ken shows up with some "throw them on the drive way" comments and how tough they are so I left them. Sitting on the bags with the tops open. We then had the worst winter in 30 years and I knew it was over..about 2 weeks ago as it warmed I potted them all and hoped for the best...I now have pips comming up in every pot and I don't think I lost a single one! So as much as I hate to feed his ego..

Ken was right there that tough and they will make it over winter on the drive way...

Man that was tough to type glad I got it out of my system ROFL.Pics of said pots when it stops raining

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I hate to say it but...

hEY, Mike, so glad to hear from you. It is great to share such a huge chuckle this morning. Many of us who have less dramatic a story to tell--we did not put them on the driveway to spend the winter--have some losses. It is just so sweet to hear this driveway success story.

Ahhhhh, life is good. Cannot wait for Ken to get a look at your results. Good show!

o

That is great news about the pips! Very happy for you...but I never had a doubt....being one who over wintered her first hosta in a green garbage bag back in the early 80's.

Those of us who responded on that thread will be awaiting your pics...what the heck am I saying...all of us hostaholics want to see pics of your hosta!!!

o

OMG!!!!!

OMG!!!

OMG!!!!

lol

i dont recall telling you to leave them in plastic bags all winter .. crikey man.. i expected you to get them out of the bags.. AND THEN THROW THEM ON THE DRIVEWAY ... jeez o petes ....

next time .. God forbid.. lol .. try to follow instructions.. they are delicate ... lol

ken

o

Congratulations, that is great news!

o

AND WHY DO YOU HATE TO SAY IT????

ken

o

I hate to say it b/c I don't want you to have to expand your doorway to get your head through it LOL

now on with the show..and since I don't know how to post multiple pics to post....

Fire island

o

Empress Wu

o

touche ... lol...

to post multiple pix.. you would have to use a sharing service like photobucket ... and use the attendant HTML Code.. on preview.. if you see it.. we will see it ...

ken

o

Zebra Stripes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here