Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cute little Sport

Posted by bkay2000 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 11:55

This is a cute little sport. It probably has too much white to survive. Then there's the fact that I've never had sport survive. It's still cute.

bk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cute little Sport

i doubt viability also ... i would enjoy it.. and leave it alone ...

what van wade used to do ... instead of cutting it off.. he just cut off the buds of the named version ...

leaving the crown intact.. and putting all the power of the roots into the weirdo ...

but again.. i dont think it is worth it with this one ..

did i miss who momma is???

ken

o

I would leave the sport on the plant it is sporting off of,that way it would get nourishment from it. I separated a sport off my Atlantis a couple years ago,and it didn't make it. Phil

o

It's a Minuteman sport.

bk

o

man.. those are rare ... you better do something ....

rotflmbo ... lol

ken

o

Bkay, you deserve a sport to survive for you! It IS not only a cutie as you say but quite beautiful as well...a rare gem.

You can always get another Minuteman, right? But can you get another sport like this one? Opportunity knocks - if it were mine I'd do what VanWade did and allow the sport to take the spotlight...and strength from Minuteman.

You know the saying..."nothing ventured, nothing gained" ... No one knows for sure that it's a lost cause - I'm one who, at times, passes off some foregone conclusions (proven or otherwise) and loves a good challenge ..and enjoyed some success because of the effort .. ... so... as you have proven how phenomenally successful you are with your hosta in your zone ... hint, hint ...

Question is - what are YOU going to do with it?

I know, it sounds like I am blatantly goading you into trying to keep and grow it, just for experimentation's sake, and you know what? ------ you're right, I AM! Please forgive me (lol) but please, please don't pass this one up! It's special and it grew for you...not any one of us...but YOU.

How lucky can you be?

Jo

This post was edited by josephines67 on Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 13:28

o

Yes, I did catch that Ken was sarcastic about the " rare" remark in reference to Minuteman ... Lol but I focused on " I would enjoy it ... and leave it alone" . Gosh how I would love if this were my dilemma!!!

o

i dont think any sport i ever cut off survived ...

there usually arent any related roots ...

and if there are.. the cut rots ...

so i think.. i will see if they return next year.. and i can cut it then ... and lo and behold.. they are gone ...

thats why i enjoy them with a camera.. ephemeral is the word that seems applicable ...

ken

o

It is cute- leave it on mama and maybe it will come back next year. You can always hope this is a sport that's got that extra bit of toughness. Plants like Andrew had to come from somewhere.

o

I'll pay $1300 for it !!!!

[sarcasm]

o

I like it.

Don B.

o

just send it here if youins are gonna fight over it. It'll go great with 1000 island dressing ... it'll be gone in a NY minute ... man

dave

o

You wanna smoke it, Dave? You don't have to give us that '1000 island dressing' nonsense. It's OK, I'm kinda curious myself. : P

Don B.
The High Country @ 5,384 Ft.

o

Don, you are not supposed to smoke it. Have the new liberties in Colorado gotten to you?

bk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here