Posted by hosta_freak z6 NC (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 12:44

Here is a pic from this morning,after the rain last night. Phil

photo DSC_0023a_zps70637bef.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sagae after the rain...

Beautiful !!!

I am jealous you have plants already leafed out. I only have pips at this point.

I love your garden, keep posting pics!

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 14:19

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ;-)

-Babka

o

Great picture. Can't wait to see that here in Ontario.

o

You have the best Sagae I've ever seen. You'll have to get us a picture with something to show scale on those leaves!

I'm hoping mine shows a little more maturity in it's leaves this year, it should be a nice size, there's already 16 eyes up.
Here's mine last year.

Gesila

o

Gorgeous picture of a gorgeous hosta. Still waiting for my Sagae (acquired last year) to show some pips. I am crossing my fingers! Something tells me that I am going to love that hosta more and more each year.

Love the water droplets on the leaves.

o

Gesila,I posted this pic last year,but essentially,this is about the same as this year. Phil

photo MyhandonSagaeleaf2012.jpg

o

Your Sagae's are fantastic. I am, however, no longer jealous of anyone. It is 74º F today and I see a couple of hosta tips peaking out.

Thanks for sharing.
Beverly

o

Now I remember that picture Phil!

o

Yours is very nice,also Gesila,but yours is in more light,therefore more eyes and more leaves! Phil

o

My new-in-2012 Sagae, star of the show (except for Mama plantaginea), is doing great this year here. I'm using his pot and Krossa Regal and Elegans to weight the base of a big shade umbrella for a large display of hosta.

I guess Phil's Sagae is a landmark hosta for me, I could recognize that particular plant just about anywhere. Hopefully, mine will just as much a standout. This picture taken 4/28.

o

Yeah,Mocc,it is an easily recognized hosta! Yours is well on its way to be a specimen plant! I was in my local nursery yesterday,and they had some beautiful ones in one gallon pots for only $9.95. It was all I could do to keep from picking up another one! I opted for another plant called Katy Q.,which is now residing in its new home in the garden. They also had Titanic,which is a sport of Sum and Sub. I think that one may find its way to the garden some day,as I love S&S sports! Phil

o

As Soon as I typed that lastt response,I realized I had spelled Katie Q. wrong! It is Katie,not Katy. I can spell,I just can't type! Phil

o

• Posted by Dgregory 6A - So.Central IL (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 16:34

I agree, even though I'm a rookie, Sagae is a standout for me too.

Last evening, while watching a program, the host was walking down a sidewalk in the intro. As he walked and gave his monologue to his right was, what I believe to be, a huge Sagae. The hosta in question (Sagae?) came up to his waist in height and the host was a tall man.

Surprised, I rewound the recording and played it again. It sure looked like Sagae.

Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here