Sagae after the rain...

hosta_freak
11 years ago

Here is a pic from this morning,after the rain last night. Phil

Comments (13)

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    11 years ago

Beautiful !!!

I am jealous you have plants already leafed out. I only have pips at this point.

I love your garden, keep posting pics!

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ;-)

-Babka

• TheHostaCottage
    11 years ago

Great picture. Can't wait to see that here in Ontario.

• Gesila
    11 years ago

You have the best Sagae I've ever seen. You'll have to get us a picture with something to show scale on those leaves!

I'm hoping mine shows a little more maturity in it's leaves this year, it should be a nice size, there's already 16 eyes up.
    Here's mine last year.

Gesila

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    11 years ago

Gorgeous picture of a gorgeous hosta. Still waiting for my Sagae (acquired last year) to show some pips. I am crossing my fingers! Something tells me that I am going to love that hosta more and more each year.

Love the water droplets on the leaves.

• hostafreak
    11 years ago

Gesila,I posted this pic last year,but essentially,this is about the same as this year. Phil

{{gwi:959822}}

• beverlymnz4
    11 years ago

Your Sagae's are fantastic. I am, however, no longer jealous of anyone. It is 74ú F today and I see a couple of hosta tips peaking out.

Thanks for sharing.
    Beverly

• Gesila
    11 years ago

Now I remember that picture Phil!

• hostafreak
    11 years ago

Yours is very nice,also Gesila,but yours is in more light,therefore more eyes and more leaves! Phil

• User
    10 years ago

My new-in-2012 Sagae, star of the show (except for Mama plantaginea), is doing great this year here. I'm using his pot and Krossa Regal and Elegans to weight the base of a big shade umbrella for a large display of hosta.

I guess Phil's Sagae is a landmark hosta for me, I could recognize that particular plant just about anywhere. Hopefully, mine will just as much a standout. This picture taken 4/28.

• hosta_freak
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yeah,Mocc,it is an easily recognized hosta! Yours is well on its way to be a specimen plant! I was in my local nursery yesterday,and they had some beautiful ones in one gallon pots for only $9.95. It was all I could do to keep from picking up another one! I opted for another plant called Katy Q.,which is now residing in its new home in the garden. They also had Titanic,which is a sport of Sum and Sub. I think that one may find its way to the garden some day,as I love S&S sports! Phil

• hostafreak
    10 years ago

As Soon as I typed that lastt response,I realized I had spelled Katie Q. wrong! It is Katie,not Katy. I can spell,I just can't type! Phil

• dg
    10 years ago

I agree, even though I'm a rookie, Sagae is a standout for me too.

Last evening, while watching a program, the host was walking down a sidewalk in the intro. As he walked and gave his monologue to his right was, what I believe to be, a huge Sagae. The hosta in question (Sagae?) came up to his waist in height and the host was a tall man.

Surprised, I rewound the recording and played it again. It sure looked like Sagae.

Deb