Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where To Purchase Empress Wu

Posted by alameda 8 - East Texas (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 13:26

Where is the best place to purchase a nice sized Empress Wu? Also would like suggestions about any other hostas that get large - I have a Sum & Substance that I love, and a few Blue Angels.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where To Purchase Empress Wu

Land of the Giants Hosta Farm has Empress Wu for $22. My experience buying there is good, single or 2 eyes, leaves are close to mature. You can also try your local nurseries. A nursery in my area sold me a pot with a 2 or 3 eye Empress Wu around $22 one year ago.

o

Hi alameda,
I have ordered from Made in the Shade Gardens (Rob, Hosta Guy) and always been well pleased, he has Empress Wu for $21. (little smaller plants, but good quality)
Naylor Creek Nursery has EW for $16 and Bridgewood Gardens also has WU for $19. Both are also good retailers in my experience with them.
Niagria Falls is a large that I like.

o

Hi alameda,

Are you growing in the ground? Just curious, as I've always done pots, but have hosta on order that I plan to put in beds.

bkay

o

A local nursery has it for like $14. But given you're in TX, you probably don't have any options for hosta at local venues. EW is still a fairly new cultivar, so it's not likely going to be a large plant from anywhere. But I will tell you that most everyone I've ordered from this spring would be happy to email you back with an answer to, "If I were to order Empress Wu, can you tell me how large the plant would be?"

o

• Posted by joshs 4 - Iowa (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 20, 11 at 10:40

New, as Melissa said, and in high demand! I would be surprised if you can find one more than a year or two old.

o

Hallson's has Empress Wu for $25.
I just got my order of 4 (+1free one) hostas from Hallson's, they are great, big roots, 2 or more eyes.
Bernd

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here