Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A retraction....

Posted by hosta_freak z6 NC (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 13:40

I feel I must print a retraction to a previous statement that said I had no damage to my hostas. A couple of the tender leaves from that night when it went down to 32 singed some leaves. I had to cut off a single leaf from Parhelion,and a couple from Sum and Sub were damaged. All the other leaves that were hardened off,had no problem at all,on all of the hostas. Some,who were just barely out of the ground were untouched. The Parhelion will cover that area very quickly,and you have to look carefully to even see where I cut off the leaf. Now,if it would only rain! Some is predicted for today,but they said that for last night,and no rain fell. It's hard to believe the hostas are growing so well,with no rain for the last 3 weeks! Phil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A retraction....

Phil I know how you feel I'm about due north of you and except for rain 2.5 weeks ago we've had almost none since late last year. Good news is even though you have a possibility of hit or miss storms tonight & tomorrow looks like we both will finally get much needed rain this weekend from a storm to swing in from the west with snow listed for central NY. Yea-lets keep our fingeers crossed.

Scott

o

Phil, you'll be out of those frost concerns soon. Covered the hosta in pots last night but I think frost hit a few lightly thru the sheets - nothing wilted looking, so may take a week to show. Sounds like we may have another couple of cool nights coming - so may catch a few in the garden next time - too many to cover.

Paul

o

Thanks guys! Frost danger has passed here,as April 15th is supposed to be our last frost date. Rain has come to us,finally,with almost 2 1/2 inches overnight,and it's still raining as I write this! Halleluyah!! The hostas will grow another two inches in a few days. Phil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here