Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank You Enablers

Posted by casey1 z6CT (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 16:06

OK I planted the blue ivory and I'm going to get the rainforest sunrise. They're both at Costco with 5 in a package.

A few years ago I lost apx 30 large hostas when the garbage man threw out a bagful. Since then, I got Francis Williams, Sagae and several unidentified ones at the CT plant swap. But now, I've bought great expectations, big daddy and lakeside dragonfly at Costco and they've done very well. I'm well on my way to be a Hostaholic.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank You Enablers

You are not on the way.... you have arrived. Welcome. Oh and glad I can help. Paula

o

Anytime, Casey!

Don B.

o

you know.. i suggest you grow/throw them on the driveway..

but i never considered growing them on the driveway IN A GARBAGE BAG ....

you humor me by suggesting it was the garbage mans fault..

do you know about HVX.. do some superficial reading on such.. just in case cosco doesnt.. there is probably a link on the front page of the hosta library..

welcome back to hostadom ....

ken

o

Ken,

I've got to blame someone. Before I moved, I started moving my garden. I'd dig up a lot of plants put them in a garbage bag, bring them to the new house the next morning and plant. The garbage man who normally didn't move 6" to pick up something on the ground went to the other side of the garage to take the bag.

I was hostaless!!!!!!!!

o

Casey1 -
Maybe your garbage man is also a hostaholic and was spying on you just waiting for his opportunity to nab the bag!

o

• Posted by Ludisia 7a Philadelphia (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 19:40

Every budding hostaholic needs a healthy Elegans to guide them to the subtler blues of hostadom.

Welcome Casey :)

If you stick around long enough you'll find we all have our personal favorites and endlessly recommend them to anyone who will listen. :p

Can't help myself,
Ludi

o

Wow, you have a good Costco....All mine has is 'Frances Williams'....stupid local Costco....

Don B.

o

I hope your Costco is better than our Sams. A couple years ago I bought a box of "Twilight" roots. I wanted to have something to give all the groups that ask for plant sale donations. They all grew, but whatever they are, it isn't Twilight.

Oh, well, the hosta club won't want them, but the local garden club is happy to take NOIDs.

o

Madplanter, have you brought your Twilight NOID to the forum for possible ID?

Others here (not MOI) are great about hitting the right hosta.
You know the trick of putting an item in the picture to indicate plant size, how old it is, what color the blooms are, and a photo of a leaf fairly close up?

I've been enabled so ably myself all last year, it is my turn to do some enabling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here