Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leola Fraim...

Posted by hosta_freak z6 NC (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 19, 12 at 16:11

Here's a pic of Leola Fraim,a nice medium sized hosta that no one ever mentions. I got it at Lowes,(yes Lowes) several years and it has been a good performer for me. Phil

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leola Fraim...

Oohhh, it's very pretty! Very nice looking plant. I have a confession.....I have a lot of Lowes hostas. They have always done well for me and I just found an Orange Marmalade there. I have not have issues with them but am guardedly optimistic. My problem now is I am now searching out the harder to find ones so I buy few from them any more.

o

Very nice Phil, and a very good photograph too. I just came in from the wet, cold gardens and it warmed right up!

Gesila

o

Yes, I also have many from Lowe's. None have been diseased - mislabeled, yes. diseased, no. I've worried and watched, but have had no problems.

What surprised me when calling the vendor for Lowe's is that they didn't even know if their plugs were from Europe. The dodo in their customer service department told me that she'd been there 10 years and they had had no problems. Of course they haven't - they grow out the plugs and sell them within a year or so. They probably wouldn't even know.

But, knowing me, if I go in there and they have something I want, I'll probably buy it.

Bkay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here