Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hottsy Tottsy......and others

Posted by gabbygardner 05 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 16:39

So, I was one of the few nurseries in my area that carry hosta (we do have big box stores, but i try and avoid those if possible ) and I found several hosta I hadn't heard of. While that is nothing new, I did notice that all of the hosta are from Monrovia.

I worry terribly about HVX- but I am not super clear on how to watch for it. Any advice as far as plants from Monrovia? This seems like one of the brands I had seen a lot at the large chain stores, so it worried me a bit. I am not back east near all those marvelous nurseries;)

And, as far as the Hottsy Tottsy...anyone have that one?

Gabby

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hottsy Tottsy......and others

Looks like a nice mid sized hosta developed by Monrovia. Monrovia is one of the country's premier wholesale growers so I hope they are making sure it is virus free.

Scott

o

It should be OK. If Monrovia were selling diseased plants we'd know about it by now. They're not a bottom end of the market outfit. So they should be fine.

Steve

o

Gabby, I have Hottsy Tottsy, planted in 09 - substance is a little thin. I am still evaluating as it matures.

in 09
Hosta 'Hottsy Tottsy' Pictures, Images and Photos

last year
Hosta 'Hottsy Tottsy'

Paul

o

Sounds great to me. I am glad to hear that Monrovia should be safe as we have so few nurseries in this area that carry hosta. This year they have lots of different hosta that I have not seen here before, I'm going to have to pace myself!!!!!

I picked up Pineapple Upside Down Cake while out of town recently, it is just lovely!

Gabby

o
RE: Hottsy Tottsy......and others - Blue and Green Hosta

Paul,

What's that blue and green scalloped edged Hosta in front of Hotsy Totsy?

Steve

o
RE: Hottsy Tottsy......and Golden Meadows

Steve, pic is from August and the hosta is Golden Meadows. It starts cream/white in center.

Paul

o

It's a nice plant when it's yellow, but that period is short lived.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here