Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buff24

Buff24's first haul of the 2007 season...

buff24
17 years ago

I have had 2 gift cards to a local nursery burning a hole in my pocket since Christmas (they were stocking stuffers,) so today hubby and I ventured out into the cold, rainy weather to see what we could find! Here's what we came home with...

From back, left...Rainforest Sunrise-4 eyes (picked by DH,) Dancing in the Rain-2 eyes, Dark Shadows-4 eyes (picked by DH,) On Stage (~5 eyes just now poking out...)

From left, Paradigm-1 eye, Bridegroom-4 eyes (also picked by DH, after I told him the significance of the name), Patriot-3 eyes (no, I actually didn't have it yet), and a Japanese Painted Fern (picked out by DH.)

Group shot...

Hubby picked out a lot of them today, he likes the ones with the "cool names..."

Buff

Comments (12)

• Hosta_Haven
    17 years ago

Buff,

W O W ! WOW! Those are GORGEOUS! And BIG! What a wonderful stocking stuffer! Looks like you had fun!!!

Char

• hostarox
    17 years ago

Nice haul, Buff! You both have good taste!

• phil
    17 years ago

You take great photos. So nice and clear.
    phil

• goldedger
    17 years ago

Nice haul Buff, what fun enjoying Christmas in April!

June

• caliloo
    17 years ago

Beautiful babies! Congrats!

Alexa

• toymr2mk2
    17 years ago

Darn I wish we had nurseries that specialized in hostas around here. Great haul Buff!

• maidofshade
    17 years ago

Buff, Isn't it great to have Christmas in April. Nice looking plants. Makes me long for GREEN. Lucky Girl

• sassy7142
    17 years ago

Nice plants.
    I love that Dancing in the Rain!

• playinmud
    17 years ago

Oooooh they are really nice looking plants! Great choices Buff, you'll have to post pics once you have them planted.

Ah hostas, I can't wait!!!

Isn't it wonderful to get hosta gifts?!? Believe it or not, if it hadn't been for this forum, I would never have even thought of it. I made a joke to my younger brother, who made no response whatsoever, and POOF...he gave me a gift certificate for Christmas for Naylor Creek. They're due in this week, I just can't wait now that I've seen yours!!!

• tsneal
    17 years ago

Awesome stocking stuffer!

Stephanie

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    17 years ago

I have to stop looking, I'm getting drool all over the keyboard. Just noticed my Patriots barely peeking up today.

• buff24
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey ya'll!! Thanks for the kudos on my hosta choices... I really do love them all! They are all outside now, and just waiting for me to have some free time to get them planted. I guess I am waiting to make DOUBLE-SURE that we will not get some freaky-late frost in May, so I will probably hold out a little while longer.

On Stage is now poking up further. Looks to be about 6 eyes, wahoo!! It was lots of fun to pick out hostas in April, especially since several of mine have gotten "zapped" by the frost and aren't looking so hot. I dropped MAJOR hints prior to Christmas, so hubby and other family members got the hint and bought me the gift cards.

For toymr2mk2... the nursery where I got these hostas does have an excellent selection of hostas, but I wouldn't say they "specialize" in hostas. They are a full-service nursery that has TONS of plants, all kinds really. I will definitely be making more trips back there this summer, as there were many more that I wanted...

For PIM... once I get them planted, I will definitely be posting more pics here.

Hope you all had a great weekend!!
    Thanks,
    Buff