Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
threedogsmom

Saturday shopping trip

threedogsmom
10 years ago

Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting a hosta nursery about 40 minutes away, in York Springs PA.It is called the Hosta Hideaway. It is a personal residence, with the backyard turned into beautiful display gardens and pathways on a tiered hillside. The owners are very friendly, helpful, and you can tell they love their business. Here are a few shots from the nursery, then I will show you what I bought:

This was a new one for 2013, called Ripple Effect. I did not buy it but took a pic to show you all as it looked pretty neat.

OK, here is what I got. Most all of them were on my wish list, and 2 new ones "spoke to me" while I was there :) The pics show most of them planted from when I got home:

Altantis

Summer Breeze

First Frost - will go in a pot under the J. maple:

Afterglow

Regal Splendor

Touch of Class

Cascades (this was an impulse buy)

Blue Ivory (will be next to Blue Angel)

Dick Ward

Rhino Hide (my other impulse buy)

Paradise Island - the yellow on this one is electrifying!!
It will go in a pot in a shady area by the house.

Dance with Me

I also got Queen of the Seas and June Fever, but the pics didn't upload correctly. They all are smaller divisions, but I am fine with that. I was also given a free hosta, Loyalist, which was a very nice surprise. There were 2 other hostas that my eye kept wandering to, but I didn't get them due to budget. One was Marilyn Monroe and the other was Chain Lightning. I don't have pics, but google them! Anyway, thought you'd like to see the haul :) Here's to a warmer week for everyone...
Amy

Comments (7)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm