Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying from Streakedhostas.com

Posted by Johnsp 6b (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 20:06

Has anyone purchased hostas from Streakedhostas.com? If so what were your experiences? They have a number of streaked plants at very reasonable prices.

Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying from Streakedhostas.com

Yes, I ordered Galaxy from them last year, and this year I have placed an order for Blizzard and Sand Pebbles. Galaxy was a one eyed plant, but it did well and looks good this spring. This is the same group that runs Silvers-Ebert. They also have plants on the Library Auction. Sometimes they send plants early since they are in Georgia.

Steve

o

Ok thanks Steve. They have 3 or 4 hostas I want so I'll give them a try next month as I've got other orders to place before doing another one.

Scott

o

AKA bentleygardens.com & hostaliners.com & streakedhosta.com

The streaked hosta are probably second or third year TC's.

o

The streakers on streakedhostas.com are 2nd and 3rd year, some are gallons and some are 4", all of which are not sent unless they have major streaking going on, hope this helps

Ed

o

Thanks Frank.

Ed are you shipping now?

Scott

o

I've been very happy with the liners I purchased on Hoastaliners.com. All of the liners I bought last year have showed up this year. The two market ready hostas that were shipped in early April this year are growing like weeds.

Based on the excellent service and hostas I received from them for two years, I just ordered Brave Attempt from Streakedhostas.com.

Gesila

o

Brave Attempt is lookin really good right now, you should enjoy it

Ed

Yes shipping now for all websites

o

Ed, you were right, my Brave Attempt that arrived today is beautiful! And, a bonus hosta too, Inspire Greatness. What a wonderful way to wake up to a dreary, rainy morning!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thinking about ordering a few more!

Gesila

o

ummmmm, lalalalalalala (hands over ears).....I have to not hear that for it is too tempting. But I will really enjoy seeing what you get.
:)

o

great glad you are liking them, good luck with it

Ed

o

That's a lovely Hosta gesila. I really want Gunther's Prize. I've been hesitant waiting to see if it is stable.
Cher

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here