Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
threedogsmom

For owners of Seducer...

threedogsmom
9 years ago

What color exactly is that outer edge? I cannot get a good representation of color from the pics online so need a firsthand owner's eyes to describe. I have it on order but it has not arrived yet. Thank you!

Comments (20)

• garyz6ohio
    9 years ago

I've heard it called a "brassy " yellow, but I would describe mine as butterscotch.

• threedogsmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Gary,
    Orange Marmalade color or muddier? Any pics to share? I am always looking for coloration that is distinctly different, and that one really struck me as unusual. Thank you for replying.

• garyz6ohio
    9 years ago

It's muddier colored. I'm still in "how do you do that" stage when it comes to posting pictures, but I do plan on learning shortly. Its a great grower for me and falls definitely in the "ten foot rule" , as it is quite distinctive. The Hostapedia has a fairly good leaf picture of it.

• TheHostaCottage
    9 years ago

Here's some pictures of mine from May 2013:

Vanessa

• tepelus
    9 years ago

Mine in mid-June of last year.

Karen

• threedogsmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, I am excited no matter what color it ends up for me. Take a tricolor variegation and add a ruffled edge... SOLD! Does everyone have it in 2/3 sun or dappled shade? I have a couple of locations this stunner can go but want to maximize that unique coloration and form.

• flower_frenzy
    9 years ago

I would describe the leaf edge as bright yellow, but not orangey-yellow. Here is a close-up pic of one of the leaves on my plant. I feel that the color is represented acuurately, at least on my camera and computer screen.

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

Great photo, hippie.

Lovely plants, everyone.

bk

• Gesila
    9 years ago

I love the color of Seducer. It's definitely a standout in the garden. Mine doesn't get a lot of sun, maybe early morning and dappled sun after that. I bought it as a single eye in 2011, it grew to 2 in 2012 and 5 in 2013. I'm hoping for a big leap this year.

Gesila

• flowerchild59
    9 years ago

I got mine a few years ago from Stuart himself. I will have to check out the bed and see how it is doing this year.

• threedogsmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone, those are beautiful pics! Looking forward to this beauty. It's also great to hear that it is a strong multiplier.
    Amy

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    9 years ago

Not bright yellow here, but definitely the brassy yellow (like Gesila's). It is a unique color, among my hostas. Not many this color. Here's a pic of a couple of leaves from last year.

9 years ago

This year, as it just started to come out. It will change a lot over the next month. This is one of my favorites!

• thisismelissa
    9 years ago

I have heard that the white line dividing the margin and center only appears on areas of high heat. So far, in these pics, I've only seen that line in funnthsun's pics.

Here is mine in May 2012.

9 years ago

That is very interesting, Melissa. If that is the case, then you should see it in flower-frenzy's pic. It could be that she took the pic early in the season and it had not yet developed. My first pic was taken very late in the fall, the second pic this year.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

do we really own hosta???

or do they own us???

ken

• Mary4b
    9 years ago

The pics of this hosta are certainly seducing me...and I had put a halt to the wishlisting, as I didn't know where to put the ones I'd chosen!

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Wow! Now I want to be an owner of 'Seducer'...OR be owned by 'Seducer'...

Don B.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

I just got one this week from Hallson's. It is a whopper that I had to cram into a 2 gal pot. I look at those pips several times a day, as one is almost as thick as my thumb. A-n-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-i-o-n. But then that is part of seducing!!!

-Babka

• flower_frenzy
    9 years ago

Fun-some of my leaves do have the white line starting, but they're not on the picture. Mine's only 2nd year, though. Does it take time to develop or is it there right away if it's going to be? Anyone know?

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths