Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For owners of Seducer...

Posted by ravensfan52 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 20:11

What color exactly is that outer edge? I cannot get a good representation of color from the pics online so need a firsthand owner's eyes to describe. I have it on order but it has not arrived yet. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For owners of Seducer...

I've heard it called a "brassy " yellow, but I would describe mine as butterscotch.

o

Gary,
Orange Marmalade color or muddier? Any pics to share? I am always looking for coloration that is distinctly different, and that one really struck me as unusual. Thank you for replying.

o

It's muddier colored. I'm still in "how do you do that" stage when it comes to posting pictures, but I do plan on learning shortly. Its a great grower for me and falls definitely in the "ten foot rule" , as it is quite distinctive. The Hostapedia has a fairly good leaf picture of it.

o

Here's some pictures of mine from May 2013:

photo IMG_3363_zps8eee5787.jpg

photo IMG_3365_zps91dc9415.jpg

Vanessa

o

Mine in mid-June of last year.

Karen

o

Well, I am excited no matter what color it ends up for me. Take a tricolor variegation and add a ruffled edge... SOLD! Does everyone have it in 2/3 sun or dappled shade? I have a couple of locations this stunner can go but want to maximize that unique coloration and form.

o

I would describe the leaf edge as bright yellow, but not orangey-yellow. Here is a close-up pic of one of the leaves on my plant. I feel that the color is represented acuurately, at least on my camera and computer screen.

o

Great photo, hippie.

Lovely plants, everyone.

bk

o

I love the color of Seducer. It's definitely a standout in the garden. Mine doesn't get a lot of sun, maybe early morning and dappled sun after that. I bought it as a single eye in 2011, it grew to 2 in 2012 and 5 in 2013. I'm hoping for a big leap this year.

photo Seducer20130607_zps529a6f27.jpg

Seducer photo Seducer20130717_zps419aefbf.jpg

Gesila

o

I got mine a few years ago from Stuart himself. I will have to check out the bed and see how it is doing this year.

o

Thanks everyone, those are beautiful pics! Looking forward to this beauty. It's also great to hear that it is a strong multiplier.
Amy

o

Not bright yellow here, but definitely the brassy yellow (like Gesila's). It is a unique color, among my hostas. Not many this color. Here's a pic of a couple of leaves from last year.

o

This year, as it just started to come out. It will change a lot over the next month. This is one of my favorites!
Untitled

o

I have heard that the white line dividing the margin and center only appears on areas of high heat. So far, in these pics, I've only seen that line in funnthsun's pics.

Here is mine in May 2012.

o

That is very interesting, Melissa. If that is the case, then you should see it in flower-frenzy's pic. It could be that she took the pic early in the season and it had not yet developed. My first pic was taken very late in the fall, the second pic this year.

o

do we really own hosta???

or do they own us???

ken

o

The pics of this hosta are certainly seducing me...and I had put a halt to the wishlisting, as I didn't know where to put the ones I'd chosen!

o

Wow! Now I want to be an owner of 'Seducer'...OR be owned by 'Seducer'...

Don B.

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 21:18

I just got one this week from Hallson's. It is a whopper that I had to cram into a 2 gal pot. I look at those pips several times a day, as one is almost as thick as my thumb. A-n-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-i-o-n. But then that is part of seducing!!!

-Babka

o

Fun-some of my leaves do have the white line starting, but they're not on the picture. Mine's only 2nd year, though. Does it take time to develop or is it there right away if it's going to be? Anyone know?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here