Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Going to Made In The Shade gardens this Saturday

Posted by CindyCRNA 5b (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 19, 12 at 20:34

I have 3 Dancing Queen he is saving me as they only have a few. Also, must have Wheee. MUST HAVE!! Totally love the ruffles. Also looking at Dragon Tails, Holy Mouse Ears, Sagae, Blue Cadet, Twist of Lime and Split Milk. But at the very least, must add Wheee to the Dancing Queen. Really like the deep ruffles. I will submit pics of purchases.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Going to Made In The Shade gardens this Saturday

Oooohhh, how lucky can you get to go visit.

I love Dancing Queen, it is soo so yellow. Mine came from there as well, along with my favorite Brother Stefan, Venus, and clausa, got them 3/28/2012.

If you like the curly edged things, take a look at Candydish, should he have it. It does look like a frilly old fashioned shiny dark green ceramic candy plate. Pretty flat, and very shiny. With regularly frilled edges.

Of course you WILL submit pics of purchases. Nice big pics will do nicely, thank you. :)

o

We visited Rob's place last year when we went to the MG plant sale in Paola. He has an amazing selection for as small as his greenhouse looks! Still, I found his prices a bit higher than other places I order from, so I limited my selections to just a couple. Have fun!!
Karen

o

I'm jealous. It's been a couple of years since I've been there, always enjoy his gardens. I'd like to make a trip up there this summer.

BTW I understand Rob Mortko has lost his brother. Condolences to the family.

Sandy

o

Cindy will you also take photos of the nursery? I do not have anything like that here in Florida where we grow 'hos'ters'. I am green with envy. Enjoy your trip. See if there are any Captain Kirks there. I am enjoying mine. Looking forward to seeing what you got. Have you rented a u-haul? Paula

o

I would call first to make sure he is there and not occupied with family business this weekend. Don't know when the funeral is or was.

Sandy

o

Sandy, yes, I have a 10:30 appointment. Paula, how did you know I was a Star Trek fan??! Haha. I will check it out. Thanks for the heads up. I will look for it. And yes, my camera is charged. I will make sure it is OK. I wouldn't see it would be a problem to post pics.

o

Don't know just when it was, it was posted on the AHS page yesterday.

Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here