Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
babka68

Snake Eyes

Babka NorCal 9b
11 years ago

This one is new for me this year. I have Striptease and Kiwi Full Monty, and when I saw this one with a wider white line I had to have it. It is evn prettier than I imagined.

-Babka

{{gwi:970266}}

Comments (16)

• hosta_freak
    11 years ago

Really nice! It actually looks like my Kiwi Full Monties,before the center changes,except for being wider.Good find! Phil

• ctopher_mi
    11 years ago

Wow, that's fantastic looking. You are right, better than imagined :)

• bkay2000
    11 years ago

Nice photo. Is it a Monrovia plant?

bkay

• nutmeg4061
    11 years ago

oh jeez...another one for the list, lol.
    A beauty!

• tepelus
    11 years ago

Nice!

Karen

• Babka NorCal 9b
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It came from Hallson Gardens. Thanks, Chris!!!

-Babka

• frostynyc
    11 years ago

Wow.

• User
    11 years ago

You done good, Babka. Does it change its colors around like the others in its family? I like the design within the center of that leaf to the far left.

• Cher
    11 years ago

That is a lovely plant and from Hallsons makes it one I have to end up getting.
    Cher

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Very pretty. Oh, off I go to Hallsons.
    Christine

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

please refer to the post about a RANT of LOOK ALIKES ... lol ...

ken

• Babka NorCal 9b
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Moccasin- I hope it doesn't change colors like Hanky Panky. We'll see. Striptease and Kiwi Full Monty don't change colors.

Ken- The only ones I have that look similar are Striptease and Kiwi Full Monty. Snake Eyes has a much wider white line and looks different to ME. Here they are together (sorry about the lighting).

-Babka
    {{gwi:970267}}

• User
    11 years ago

There is a family resemblance, but different yes.
    I like the closeup of Snake Eyes. I did not realize it was so small. How big will it get?

Tomorrow I will post my separate thread about the latest Hallsons order which came today. With a ---TADAAAAA--- bonus that is a generous size too. Extremely well packed, with nothing wilted even a wee-bit, although if another day had passed they might have suffered. But my postman John came back by to drop off the plants (he's learned how to know plant boxes I think), and my new Felco #8 pruners.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's not really small, it is in a 1 gal container with 5 eyes. I just got it new this year from Hallsons. The others I've had for many years and are mature in their pots. I'm guessing that it will be similar in size.

-Babka

• hosta_freak
    11 years ago

Striptease ,in my garden is very slow growing. I got one back in 2005,and right now,it is still so small that I could hide the entire plant under any of my two Big Kiwi Full Monties,which were planted in 2007,and 2008. They resemble each other,except for size. I have to diasgree about KFM not changing color. Mine start out looking like your Snake Eyes,then the center turns really light green,with the strip still showing. Phil

• Babka NorCal 9b
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Phil- That is really strange. I got Striptease in 2001 and KFM in 2008, when it was touted as a "blue Striptease". Mine both have very very narrow white lines. I like the way they look together so mine get the same light. Neither has the wide more prominent white stripe as the Snake Eyes. Hmmm. Does your KFM lose the glaucous bloom? Mine doesn't here, and perhaps that accounts for the differences between yours and mine. Also mine are restricted in their pots, so they probably don't achieve their potential size, as yours would grown in the ground in your perfect woodland setting. (Yeah, I'm jealous).

-Babka

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES