Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The potting soil I ended up getting...

Posted by Brandys_garden 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 21:06

Well, I considered everyone's advice so thank you very much! I appreciate it a lot. I went to the CofO garden center and picked up their specialty blend. I got a 50lb bag and it should last me all season. It basically has like the 5-1-1 mix that so many commented on. They said they use it for all their nursery plants in the pots and the ones prepotted for sale. They said it has good drainage. So that is what I got. I figured it was easier just to spend $35 and get a big bag already premixed specialty mix rather than try and do it myself. They have success with it. And all their hostas look great... Well before the freeze got to them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The potting soil I ended up getting...

That's a great resource you have there. I hope they are close by.

Steve

o

Perfect! I just know your beautiful new additions (and old faves) will love it.

o

Well, they are close to my school... So it works out for me. Yes, I potted the 3 that needed to be potted and repotted Minuteman in a smaller container with it. I still have a ton left. So I resealed the bag and put it under the bench. Easy storage and a resealable bag is a plus!

o

I ended up doing the same thing last summer Brandy. We'll see how it turns out, most of my potted hostas aren't even showing any pips yet.

Gesila

o

Sounds like a perfect solution for you, Brandy. It is neat, simple and carefree for a person on the go. :-)

Jo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here