Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this Mighty Mouse?

Posted by bkay2000 8a TX (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 27, 12 at 21:14

I saw this today and, compared to other plants, looked good. The label was missing. The HL doesn't have a good pic. I guessed it was a Mouse sport. There was a broken Mighty Mouse label laying about 10 ft away. Could this be it?

bkay

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this Mighty Mouse?

• Posted by babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 27, 12 at 21:58

Possibly. Are those edges just eaten or are they that irregular? Frosted Mouse Ears, and Mighty Mouse Ears, are very similar. I have them both, but MME grows faster, and now, when I just checked, it has lighter margins.

-Babka

o

Everything's eaten at the arboretum hosta trial garden. I can't believe they haven't sprayed or done something. It's a disaster. Everything's really big compared to last year, but most eveything is full of holes. I've had hosta for several years and I've never had this problem. This year, I've sprayed and powdered and checked every night. Mine are not too bad. Theirs's are terrible.

We had no cold this winter to kill the bugs. That's the only explanation I have for this mess.

bkay

o

Not good. Hard to think they just let it happen. Have they cut back on staff or something ?// That's a problem in a lot of places. Nobody to do it.

o

no .. i think its Underdog ..

ken

i think i am dating myself ... lol

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o
compare to the below ...

compare to the below ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Do we have Tom & Jerry Hostas, ken?

"I hate them meeces to pieces!" Sylvester or Tom?

If we had a H. 'Sylvester' maybe my voles would go away! But as soon as I say that someone will TC a "Holey Voley"

But we seem to be digressing!

Les

o

Lols you guys crack me up...:)

Scott

o

We need hosta named Oil Can Harry to keep Mighty Mouse at his best.

Paul

Here is a link that might be useful: OCH

o

You guys are sick....but entertaining.

bkay

o

Okay, a new series of hosta. Cartoons. If Oil Can Harry, we need Dudley Doright, Pearl Pureheart--for the Canadians of the forum. Then we need Yogi Bear and Boo-boo, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Donald Duck with Scrooge McDuck and Huey Duey Luey.
The possibilities are endless. Oh yeah, and a new plantaginea series from Pogo Possum for the southern-most gardens around the Okefenokee. Right about where ILOVE TO GROW resides, actually. Or between her and myself.

Ah, this stirs up memories of Saturday matinee movies.

o

There is a new one out called Pure Heart. I got one last year. Another sport of BME.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pure Heart on HL

o

Okefenokee

herb benedict already used this name .. i think i have it.. its has some relation to Okay Dokey ... of which is a look alike to gold standard ...

ken

o
RE: Is this Mighty Mouse??

Hush Ken. Don't say look alike or you will get everyone worked up into a tizzy. :P

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here