Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini Skirt

Posted by paula_b_gardener 5a (Uxbridge, ON) (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 21:46

My DH picked up Mini Skirt for me today and the owner of the company gave me Heuchera 'Frost' from the Little Cutie series. What a nice surprise!
It could be because I paid for Ruffed Up but it won't be ready until the end of May - maybe it is for interest earned on my money :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini Skirt

Great score Paula! Aren't you having fun!!!
Jan

o

I've seen some great pics of Mini Skirt. Fun little hosta. Lucky you to have a DH who buys you hosta!

o

Yes, Jan, I am! This time of year is the best for hosta folk.

o

Mini Skirt and Ruffed Up are in my top five right now. We must really have similar tastes. Mini Skirt is the first mini I've really been taken by. Not true, actually I think Cameo and Pandora's Box are enchanting. But that frothy, frilly look plus the thicker leaves that give it some backbone...I just love the look of it.

o

This little guy was my mouse purchase last year.

Church Mouse photo 069.jpg

Church Mouse

o

Both of those are really cute. Mini Skirt is awesome!

I have one mouse hosta, and it is doing fine. Survived the winter undamaged by the squirrels. And I think I took a picture of it today. May I share?

Snow Mouse. It's the prettiest one in the bowl.
It also has excellent substance. The other two are Oze (which lost its variegation) and Marquis
DSCN9826 (2)

o

Share, please! The more hosta photos, the better.

I put my first few 'Mice' in the following container, I think in 2011 but I lost Mighty Mouse that winter. It must have been to cold in there without insulation.

Mouse Ears container photo MouseEarscontainer.jpg

I had to replace Mighty Mouse and then I built the rock wall and a little bed at the end for the 'Mice'. I have put mini conifers in there, too.
 photo 095.jpg

I pushed around the dirt a wee bit yesterday with my fingers, and I think they all have survived :)

o

What a sweet grouping! I love your "guard snail." Does he intimidate the slugs? :)

o

OMG, are those mini conifers REAL? They look too tiny to be real! You must really enjoy the scenery you create in miniature. I would not have the patience.

o

Love that rock wall/bed.

Don B.

o

Mocc, you have got to check out some of the micro, mini, teensy, tiny conifers out there! My favorite nursery has a fairy garden section that just to die for! When my kids earn rewards or chore money, they usually ask for new additions to the fairy garden instead of toys or treats. :) win-win!!

o

I had to switch to miniatures due to lack of space, but I still buy larger hostas and put them in pots!

The conifers are real. Some of them stay small and some of them are really, really slow growing so they are considered miniatures. I purchased three more conifers at the garden show two weekends ago to add to my mini bed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here