Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandys_garden

My first new hosta for the year... Hint: Don will be happy!

brandys_garden
10 years ago

I noticed this new greenhouse going up near my school but I didn't think it was open yet. Well, this morning, on my way to classes, I noticed it had a sign saying "NOW OPEN" that it didn't yesterday. I decided during my 3 hour break between classes that I'd stop in and look.

They had a couple of nice hosta for sale: Earth Angel, Big Daddy, and something called a Blessingworth or Billingsworth Blue? I can't remember... Anyway I saw Guacamole and I got it on the spot!!

I am not sure it is Guacamole since looking it up online, though and seeing pictures? I sent a pic to my hosta guy and he said it might be. It looked like some of his when they were young plants. And it has the right leaf shape and size.

I asked who the distributer is- Proven Winners, some other good one... I was told all the plants are grown at CofO near my school. And they raise them. I should come back because they have close to 100 varieties of hosta that they'll be putting out in weeks to come... Most definitely!

And besides, if it Guacamole or a relative of Guacamole, it is a very nice looking hosta for only $6!! Plus, I have one less empty and depressing pot sitting on my bench! :)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County