Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Casita Azul: good source or not?

Posted by esther_b NYC Zone 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 22:00

I am trying to find a source where I can order my hosta Blue Jay, hosta Cameo, heuchie Ginger Snap and heuchie Sweet Tart all in one shot, to save on shipping. No one seems to have all of these. I emailed Casita Azul to see if they had Blue Jay or not. That was 2 days ago. No reply. I also saw that they have an "F" rating with the BBB and 2 negatives with Dave's Garden. In the Country has everything but Cameo, BUT their prices are astronomical. They want $20 for plants others are selling from $9-13 AND high shipping costs.

Is Casita Azul worth pursuing as a source?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Casita Azul: good source or not?

My opinion is you get what you pay for. Lower prices generally mean smaller plants.
The bad reviews speak volumes.

Vanessa

o

What bad reviews?

o

My experience with In the Country wasn't really big plants. They were nice, but small.

bk

o

I am in Canada so have never purchased from In the Country so thanks for letting us know that, bkay.

Beverly - the bad reviews were mentioned in the OPs original post: "I also saw that they have an "F" rating with the BBB and 2 negatives with Dave's Garden."

I've also read bad reviews by Googling Casita Azul when we were discussing their ebay site on another post in the last couple weeks.

Vanessa

o

Deleted duplicate post.

This post was edited by hippieindenial on Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 7:49

o

STILL have not had a reply from Casita Azul about a simple query as to whether or not they stocked Blue Jay. That is not a good sign of responsiveness to customers. BTW, They also sell hostas and other plants on eBay, where they have a 99.9% positive feedback.

o

why are you assuming.. they would send the right plant????

never heard of them ...

ken

o

I have ordered from Casita Azul a fair amount and have had good luck and good service from them. I do every thing on line, so I have ordered from quite a few places and had bad luck with only a couple, which I just don't go back to. Casita Azul has a great selection of Heuchera which along with Hosta are my favorites.

o

I ordered from Casita Azul only once.
Three hosta, all were small. They ship in pots, not bare root.

o

I just received my second order from them this year. The ones I received on my first order have grown really well so I placed a second order for Dawn's Early Light, Deep Blue Sea and Prairie Sky. I received them a few days ago. Deep Blue Sea was only 1 eye but the other two had multiple eyes and Dawn's Early Light is quite big.

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here