Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fragrant bouquet

Posted by darobi2459 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 22:39

Hi every one! I have purchased a couple fragrant bouquet hostas over the last few years. It is by far become my fav! Late bloomer, extra sweet smell, sun proof, long lasting blooms, beautiful heart shaped leaves, and drought resistant (super dry last year, never burnt or missed a beat unlike my others).

My question is can anyone recommend a similar variety? A bit larger perhaps. Just wanting to add some mix around it.

Thanks! Dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fragrant bouquet

Try Frozen Margarita. It is a variegated sport of Fried Bananas,which is gold,and also fragrant. Phil

o

Summer Fragrance. Larger leaf, larger clump, mine is in full afternoon sun and smells wonderful.

Summer Fragrance photo SummerFregrance.jpg

o

If you want a blue one to put into the mix, Fragrant Blue is good.

Sandy

o

Fragrant Dream and Fragrant Fire are both nice. Guacamole is a good one.

Don B.

o

How much larger? My Fragrant Bouquet is nearing 5 feet in diameter.

tj

o

Wow! How long have you had yours, TJ?

Don B.

o

How long has it been?...I'm thinking 12-14 years.

Last year, during the heat and drought, it didn't look its best but still respectable...

photo FragBouq.jpg

2011 shot with Striptease and Blue Angel

photo DSC_0315.jpg

tj

o

Nice clump tj! I have been dividing mine so its not nearly that big. It does grow fast though :) Thanks for the suggestions everyone, Ill keep these listed with me when I go to the garden store soon :)

o

Hi all,
I'm currently planting fragrant Hosta in volume on the side of my house under my window, so I bought these 'Guacamole' this morning. The one in the center sure looks like 'Fragrant Bouquet' to me. I'm guessing it reverted back to it's parent plant? Not that I'm complaining. It's a six-eye plant, and I love FB to begin with. Five bucks at my new favorite local nursery. :)

Have a Great Weekend, Hostaholics
Don B.
Westminster, CO.

o

5 bucks for all those? wow!

o

No sorry, five bucks each. Still very good for mature divisions. I'll take that all day. :)

Don B.

o

That is still good! About 7-8 around here is the best for a similar size.

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 14:23

Don B- Great containers! Fine lookin' plants. Great gardeners improvise and grab whatever we can to get them roots clean and wet. You are in Colorado...are your in-the-ground hostas up and unfurled already or did the local seller force these early?

-Babka

o

Babka....The seller forced 'em early, but almost all my Hosta that are in-ground are pipping and very visible...They're almost here!

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 16:06

o

mine are just starting to poke up :) in central illinois.

o

You might can blow up this picture a wee bit, or look at it on Flickr. It has an assortment of the fragrant family of hosta, and for some variety with Fragrant Bouquet, and still in the family tree close to mama plantaginea, look at Holy Mole, Avocado, Cathedral Windows.....yadayada.

One of my favorite photos from last year.
Lots of fragrant hosta in this pic

o

That's a great pic, Mocc. All the gorgeous fragrants...

Don B.

o

Thanks for the pic! I love Holy Mole! What a contrast :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here