Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
darobi2459

fragrant bouquet

darobi2459
11 years ago

Hi every one! I have purchased a couple fragrant bouquet hostas over the last few years. It is by far become my fav! Late bloomer, extra sweet smell, sun proof, long lasting blooms, beautiful heart shaped leaves, and drought resistant (super dry last year, never burnt or missed a beat unlike my others).

My question is can anyone recommend a similar variety? A bit larger perhaps. Just wanting to add some mix around it.

Thanks! Dave

Comments (18)

• hosta_freak
    11 years ago

Try Frozen Margarita. It is a variegated sport of Fried Bananas,which is gold,and also fragrant. Phil

• leaflover76
    11 years ago

Summer Fragrance. Larger leaf, larger clump, mine is in full afternoon sun and smells wonderful.

{{gwi:972683}}

• mosswitch
    11 years ago

If you want a blue one to put into the mix, Fragrant Blue is good.

Sandy

• don_in_colorado
    11 years ago

Fragrant Dream and Fragrant Fire are both nice. Guacamole is a good one.

Don B.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

How much larger? My Fragrant Bouquet is nearing 5 feet in diameter.

tj

• don_in_colorado
    11 years ago

Wow! How long have you had yours, TJ?

Don B.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

How long has it been?...I'm thinking 12-14 years.

Last year, during the heat and drought, it didn't look its best but still respectable...

2011 shot with Striptease and Blue Angel

tj

• darobi2459
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nice clump tj! I have been dividing mine so its not nearly that big. It does grow fast though :) Thanks for the suggestions everyone, Ill keep these listed with me when I go to the garden store soon :)

• don_in_colorado
    11 years ago

Hi all,
    I'm currently planting fragrant Hosta in volume on the side of my house under my window, so I bought these 'Guacamole' this morning. The one in the center sure looks like 'Fragrant Bouquet' to me. I'm guessing it reverted back to it's parent plant? Not that I'm complaining. It's a six-eye plant, and I love FB to begin with. Five bucks at my new favorite local nursery. :)

Have a Great Weekend, Hostaholics
    Don B.
    Westminster, CO.

• darobi2459
    Original Author
    11 years ago

5 bucks for all those? wow!

• don_in_colorado
    11 years ago

No sorry, five bucks each. Still very good for mature divisions. I'll take that all day. :)

Don B.

• darobi2459
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That is still good! About 7-8 around here is the best for a similar size.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

Don B- Great containers! Fine lookin' plants. Great gardeners improvise and grab whatever we can to get them roots clean and wet. You are in Colorado...are your in-the-ground hostas up and unfurled already or did the local seller force these early?

-Babka

• don_in_colorado
    11 years ago

Babka....The seller forced 'em early, but almost all my Hosta that are in-ground are pipping and very visible...They're almost here!

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 16:06

• darobi2459
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mine are just starting to poke up :) in central illinois.

• User
    11 years ago

You might can blow up this picture a wee bit, or look at it on Flickr. It has an assortment of the fragrant family of hosta, and for some variety with Fragrant Bouquet, and still in the family tree close to mama plantaginea, look at Holy Mole, Avocado, Cathedral Windows.....yadayada.

One of my favorite photos from last year.

• don_in_colorado
    11 years ago

That's a great pic, Mocc. All the gorgeous fragrants...

Don B.

• darobi2459
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the pic! I love Holy Mole! What a contrast :)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert