Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I was gifted some Lemon Lime today ..

Posted by leafwatcher zone 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 23:38

Its from an old established group at my wifes friends house, and I planted it along an area that is just a thin strip along a fence. I won't be near any other Hosta so I hope there will be no HVX jitters !!!!

I broke a block about the size of 9 by 9 inches up into six pieces, and planted them down the line.
then I gave them some aquarium water, yes ...I am still cheating and using my aquarium water here and there ;)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I was gifted some Lemon Lime today ..

Leafwatcher, I saw something about a university which had a fish raising facility hooked up to recycle its water through some growing beds. WISH I could remember where I ran across it!! Probably in the NYT Dot Earth section....but not a guarantee.

Hope your new plants give you no grief. Let's see how your new bed along the fence looks.

o

You're confusing me. What is cheating about using aquarium change water? I feel guilty whenever I add it to my municipal waste treatment plant.

Have I missed something?

Les

o

hahahah, no Les,

I am just trying to convince myself that carrying buckets of water up the stairs, out to the plants, and scooping a bowl of water out for each plant IS A SECRET WEAPON that really works :)

I was just being a little over the top to make it more interesting ;)

o

Hey as long as your knees don't mind, I'm sure all other parties think it's a great idea!
Jan

o

I planted some Lemon Lime divisions this year, like that. so far they look pretty good (except for the one the rabbits ate....)

Sandty

o

Mine look pretty tough, I think they had been in a box for a few days, and now its cool and WINDY as heck, I think some sunshine will wake them up...

o

It grows like a weed. I have way too much of it because I can't get myself to throw any of it away.

o

Lemon Lime this time of the year is very bright I noticed. But as a border plant at a fence you probably need something larger. Since they grow like a weed, I planted them along my 60 ft dry creek in spots, but seedling Japanese primula are shining them out.
Bernd

o

The fence is just a small decorative one along a narrow planted area in the back yard... A couple clumps look much better, some of the others are still very tough looking.. I am sure time will heal all (Hosta) wounds ! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here