Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Geotz Farm Hostas - Indiana

Posted by Gesila MI Z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 23:55

Has anyone visited or purchased from them? They are only a couple of hours away from us.

Gesila

http://www.goetzhostafarm.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Geotz Farm Hostas - Indiana

Looks like a potentially great place to buy Hosta. The website doesn't say anything about providing plants that are HVX and nematode free. I would ask about these things before buying plants. If they don't know about these, then I would go elsewhere.

Steve

o

It has a very poorly designed website. Apparently, you have to do a search for any hosta you're interested in. There doesn't seem to be a list, or least it's not easy to find. I put in "venus" first, which they don't have. OK, so try something more common. I put in guacamole, they don't have that either. How long are you going to sit there and guess what hosta they might have?

bkay

o

They are no longer selling hostas retail. However, they said we could come down and look through their remaining inventory. While there, we met another hostaholic who gave us the scoop on hosta buying in Indiana. No doubt now, we are going to have to make a planned trip through Indiana later this spring!

We managed to pick up 16 more hostas, including the Red Alert shown below that has a couple of streaked shoots.

I'm going to separate the streaked shoots and see what happens, maybe I've found hosta Cayenne Pepper.

Photobucket

Gesila

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here