Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have Rare Breed?

Posted by junco1102 5b (My Page) on
Sun, May 20, 12 at 0:19

As I was working up my hosta wish list over the winter, I saw that my favorite source for hostas had a new hosta, Rare Breed. I wasn't able to find a lot of picutres of it, but really liked what I saw. Does anyone have it? What can you tell me about it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have Rare Breed?

I bought mine on Friday. Have to figure out a place to put it. Wondering how much sun it can take.

Photobucket

Gesila

o

It is going to be a beauty -- I think morning sun may be best??

o

I just got one last year. I've got it in morning sun for about 4 hours. Thus far it's doing OK, but it's certainly not what I would call vigorous. I really do like the tri-colored leaf on this one.

Steve

o

Here's a liner picked up last weekend. Hopefully it fills the new pot with roots by fall.

Paul

o

I got mine at the end of last season and it is only one eye but the leaves are much bigger this year and are starting to show the great colors.
Rare Breed 2012
Samantha

o

I got one in the middle of the summer last year. It's come back well but is growing slowly. Don't have a picture yet, which tells you that I haven't been impressed with it. It needs more time.

Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here