Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esther_b

More pics -- getting used to cell camera!

esther_b
9 years ago

Let's start off with a heuchie. Here is the lovely Midas Touch, MUCH improved with the shade from the spirea bush I planted to protect Midas Touch from too much sun:

Speaking of heuchies, who could resist this gorgeous Rio?

It arrived as a golf ball sized ball of soil and roots, with 4 tiny pips on top. Now Blue Jay is starting to take off, within its plastic anti-squirrel stakes. Tonight I piled river stones around each and every plant in my garden, but these pics were taken before I did that.

Keeping Blue Jay company behind the Obligatory Bushes, here's a delicate beauty: Dicentra (Bleeding Heart). This plant has tripled in size since last year.

Get out your magnifying glasses, it's little Cameo! If I had gotten down any closer to take a better picture, I would have pitched forward on my nose.

Whoo-hoo, it's my new little Country Mouse. Still has a bit of stray habanero pepper in the middle to keep squirrels away. A more certain squirrel-excluder are the sturdy black plastic stakes I put around it so it can take root undisturbed.

Stunning and majestic, Grand Prize was only planted last fall. It pipped this spring with 9, count 'em, 9 pips. And here it is:

Cue the music for Marilyn's appearance. Yes, this is the Marilyn Monroe I got last fall.

Marilyn's near neighbor is this gorgeous little mini-heuchie, Peppermint:

Strutting' down the runway, confident that she's the "It" Girl, Gypsy Rose takes a bow:

Gypsy's next-door neighbor told me she'd like a feature story about HER. So here is a picture of Rainforest Sunrise:

Comments (4)