Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photo Uploading

Posted by gwTamara 6 (My Page) on
Wed, May 16, 12 at 0:25

Hi gang,

We are currently testing direct photo uploading to our forums. You are certainly welcome to link from off-site photo albums, but we hope that many of you will find being able to upload a resized photo to our servers an easy and convenient way to share your photos.

You will find instructions below the posting window.

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues.

Best,

Tamara
GardenWeb Community Manager

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photo Uploading

man oh man do I appreciate this !
It will hopefully be easier to share pics!

o

Bump.
I do not know how to resize a picture....
Bernd

o

Bernd go ahead and type a message below then hit preview. At preview there will be a place for you to upload a photo with a browse button. Click the browse button and it will open a gray box which shows the files on your pc. Browse to the folder of your photos and double click the photo you want to insert.
Cher

o

Bernd- If you use windows os you can use Paint. I would make a copy first and resize copy, else you will lose old size and detail. Right click on pic file and select edit - paint should open. Resize option is listed above.

If using Picasa you can export a copy to desktop and select parameters for size. You'll have to play a bit to find right settings that get file size to 250k or under - else Photobucket works.

Paul

o

Thanks for doing this! I hate having to upload to Photobucket first!

Bernd, I use the Microsoft photo resizer called PowerToy. It's better for emailing photos as well. It's a free download. Make sure you download the right one for the version of Windows you have.

Deanna

Here is a link that might be useful: PowerToy

o

bump....just saw this thread for the first time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here