Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kiwi munching criminal !

Posted by leafwatcher zone 5 (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 1:01

Captured ,caught,corralled !!
the Kiwi Full Monty muncher has been apprehended tried, and condemned to release at the park, or some dirt road ;)

Photobucket

While not yet big, he is evil and dangerous, not only did he intentionally chew plants, he was biting my live trap quite a bit also ;)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kiwi munching criminal !

Aw - how cute he would be - BEING CHASED BY A COYOTE OR A RED TAILED HAWK!

One of my SILs is a licensed breeder of Harris's Hawks. Do you want me to ask him if he contracts out for "critter control" for you? I guarantee you wouldn't have disposal problems.

Les

o

I hate rabbits and are my mortal enemy at the moment. They are thick this year in my parts.
Gayle

o

Um... Leafwatcher, you do realize that there is no such thing as ONE RABBIT.

In my yard, I have renamed the compost pile. I now call it the rabbit feeding station.
Christine

o

I have one that size they are coming out to set a love trap for. My husband thinks it's "cute". He doesn't garden!

o

Yes I am aware trapping season is probably not over yet ;)

But this little guy will be doing his eating somewhere else from now on !

o

My little girl dachshund, Dixie, is becoming quite a huntress. She learned quickly not to bark if she wanted results. Now she is learning to approach slowly instead of making a mad dash toward the prey. Her focus is not rabbit this spring--they know better than come here these days--but squirrels. They are the ones who dig holes in the soft planting medium of the pots, and insert their prizes. I welcome Dixie's help with the squirrels.

My neighbor has the Have-A-Heart trap which she sets for the raccoons, rabbits, and squirrels, then releases them at the nearby former Air Force base, Brookley Field.

o

Earlier this year,a rabbit munched some of my tender sprouts on some hosta,but they have recovered well now. We have lots of rabbits here in my woods,but,until this year,they have never munched. Now,they are still here,but they have plenty of grasses to munch on,and never go after hosta. I think the reason they munched earlier,is because hostas came up a lot earlier this year,and they were hungry! We can only hope for a 'normal' spring next year. Phil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here